Salutations!

So I can't remember how long this problem has been going on for but it's been several months now. Ultimately sometimes when coming out of hibernation (no I'm not talking about those hypersleep pods they have in Alien) even though I've set the grub loader to wait for a second or so without out showing the menu (I used the hidden_timeout) it still shows the menu.

So instead of just seeing black for a second and then continuing to boot precise, providing I haven't pressed the escape key, it just shows me the menu anyway with no time out. This isn't always the case. This only happens once out of maybe ten times. I've used a utility entitled 'grub customizer' in the past to edit the grub loader. I've began to think it may have fouled up the grub loaders configuration files although it may be a kernel issue?

Sometimes (once out of say thirty-five times) the above problem will happen however in addition I won't be able to press the enter key to boot as pressing it does nothing. The keyboard and mouse don't seem to work? I have to press the shut down button on my tower and then turn it back on.

So ultimately may this be an issue with the kernel or the grub loader file? How would I be able to reset the grub loaders configuration to a default so I could see if it was grub customizers fault?