Thread: Change/Modify Nautalus' default format for renaming a file within a folder.

Hybrid View

Beans

Change/Modify Nautalus' default format for renaming a file within a folder.

(First let me apologize if I have posted this thread in the wrong location).
    I am running Ubuntu 11.10. My file manager is Nautilus 3.2.1.
    My question is, is there a way to change the default format that Nautilus uses when renaming a file inside a folder? For instance, if you open a folder and either right click on the filename and select Rename or click the file to select it then, go to edit>Rename; is there a way to change the format behavior of Nautilus? I am trying to....for example, .add Bold Text to the filename, change the Alignment of the text in the filename, (Left Align, Center, Right Align, Justified) add Color to the text, etc.
    I have tried to create a line of text in LibreOffice then copy/paste it into the "Rename File" box but it didn't work. It seems that the only way that Nautilus will accept text is in a Plain Text format on a single line.
    I have been to Nautilus' web site but I wasn't able to find what I needed there.
    I don't even know if what I am trying to do is possible but I am not going to give up without at least asking.

Any help with this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Change/Modify Nautalus' default format for renaming a file within a folder.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot56 View Post
    It seems that the only way that Nautilus will accept text is in a Plain Text format on a single line.
    I have been to Nautilus' web site but I wasn't able to find what I needed there.
    I don't even know if what I am trying to do is possible but I am not going to give up without at least asking.

Any help with this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
    File names are nothing but plain text, your request is impossible.
    Regards, David.
    Please use the Forum search and Wiki search for immediate help
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate
    New to technical forums?: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Beans

Re: Change/Modify Nautalus' default format for renaming a file within a folder.

File names are nothing but plain text, your request is impossible.
    Thanks David, for your response. I suspected as much.

Thanks again mate.