Thread: Fedora Core 4 Test 1: First Impressions

Beans

Re: Fedora Core 4 Test 1: First Impressions

Quote Originally Posted by dizzie
    Whats fedora ?

Sounds like a girlie name or some kinky obsession, or... nah nm

Its a hat

Like what Indiana Jones wears

Oh, you were probably kidding werent you? ooops. I can never tell. My girlfriend gets frustrated with me cuz she tries to kid me about stuff and i get all in huff or worried and the joke is ruined. Oh well, hope you like Indy
    Ubuntu User since Warty +1
    Registered Linux User #388905

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I installed FC2 a while back and then FC3 came out and I attempted to use yum/apt to upgrade and it was a total fiasco. 50% of my install broke and the other 50% just did what it wanted to.
    RedHat was good, but FCx has become terrible. Ubuntu is like a breath of fresh air.

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

Quote Originally Posted by mike998
    I installed FC2 a while back and then FC3 came out and I attempted to use yum/apt to upgrade and it was a total fiasco. 50% of my install broke and the other 50% just did what it wanted to.
    RedHat was good, but FCx has become terrible. Ubuntu is like a breath of fresh air.
    If you had read the release note you would know that yum isn't a supported upgrade method from FC2 to FC3 - only using the install cds is. Some very important changes were made, which required more logic and complexity than should be build into yum.

Beans

As an ex FC user the diference i see is that fedora had a lot more guis for all the little things (services for one) but to me i found FC3 to be a bit of a flop i will look at FC4 but i will wait till it is done. As for ubuntu it is a great distro yet it could use a bit more gui suport.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123