Thread: Not sure how to configure a Cbeyond email to Evolution

Beans

Question Not sure how to configure a Cbeyond email to Evolution

I'm new to the site, and I couldn't figure out where to put this, so I posted in General Help.

My place of employment uses Cbeyond as their email service, I have downloaded and tried (many times) to get Evolution to use Cbeyond's pop3 and SMTP servers, but I keep getting information saying that Evolution cannot connect to my office's email.

Now strangely enough, Cbeyond's pop3 server and SMTP server are the same name, so is that where the confusion on the program lies?

I've tried (repeatedly) with Thunderbird, but upon further investigation, Cbeyond's email service is NOT compatible with Thunderbird.

Now the pop3 is a port 110 and the smtp is a 587, my user name and email are correct, as is my password, I'm really confused on where to go since this is my primary computer.

Thanks for helping.

Oracle

Beans

Re: Not sure how to configure a Cbeyond email to Evolution

Don't know how I did it but I got it to work...consider this solved.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Not sure how to configure a Cbeyond email to Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by theoracleofdreams View Post
    Now the pop3 is a port 110 and the smtp is a 587, my user name and email are correct, as is my password, I'm really confused on where to go since this is my primary computer.
    Evolution requires non-standard ports to be entered in the following format:

Code:
    smtp.server.name:587
    Regards, David.
    Please use the Forum search and Wiki search for immediate help
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate
    New to technical forums?: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Beans

bariatric center of excellence

overnight acne cures acne peel mild acne of course like your website but you have to check the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling issues and I find it very troublesome to inform the reality nevertheless I will surely come again again. acne vulgaris baby acne pics hormonal imbalance acne