Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install and tweak E17 Enlightenment

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Install and tweak E17 Enlightenment

Quote Originally Posted by clb137
    Hi Smoom,

Yes the work no problem at all to get E17 installed and running; This the best and the furthest I have been able to get witht the instalation. now I can get 'entangle to work, well at least it will start but it will not let me add any dir just gives me a solid line???

I have managed to get other thems and icons working, even the CPU hungry 'layered_sky' background, and boy does that look impressive

thanks for all your work it is a great help, maybe one day I will learn as much as you guys

thanks again

clinton

PS if you have any tip on how i could get my Ibar edited with more icons and change some I would appriciate it
    thanks
    Entangle is in an early stage of development and dies on me regularly. Just don't use it . Instead you can follow the guide on http://get-e.org about "Editing the menu, IBar and Engage the manual way" at the middle at this page http://get-e.org/User_Guide/English_pages/3.3.html. You can also try to configure IBar using drag and drop - tried it, but only got entries removed, nothing added. Maybe you've more luck.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by smoon
    Entangle is in an early stage of development and dies on me regularly. Just don't use it . Instead you can follow the guide on http://get-e.org about "Editing the menu, IBar and Engage the manual way" at the middle at this page http://get-e.org/User_Guide/English_pages/3.3.html. You can also try to configure IBar using drag and drop - tried it, but only got entries removed, nothing added. Maybe you've more luck.

hi there,

Yes I have managed to get it all working now, I just re-built the packages that i downloaded with your script and now it works a treat, the only thing that I have not yey figured out is how to 'remove' form the barr with Entange,

Yes i agree the maual method is good and it works,

Thanks for all your help, I do like this E17 it is the way to go, look forward to helping out when and where I can

clinton
    Registered Linux User 389381

Ubuntu ;- The best free Linux distro there is

Beans

Im suing Hoary, there seems to be a dependency problem with libc6 (enlightenment wouldn't be the first) I cant seem to get around,

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Fingel
    Im suing Hoary, there seems to be a dependency problem with libc6 (enlightenment wouldn't be the first) I cant seem to get around,

google search for it down load from debian and force the install if required

clinton

Beans

I just installed e17 (on MiniSlack 1.1, not Hoary) and have to say it was easier than I expected, after the time I tried to install in Hoary. Just downloaded the tarballs and used pkgtool. Done.
    Enlightenment is definitely a DE that is going places. I think it is absolutely beautiful! Check my screenie of it here
    I really liked using it, even if some stuff was a bit strange. Like I couldn't figure out how to edit the menu. Plus, it didn't want to play nice with xcompmgr, which I had to disable.
    Otherwise, I was impressed by how light and fast it was, despite being so heavy on the eye-candy. All those little openGL tricks really make it sparkle.
    In a couple of days I have some spare time; I'm gonna get it working right on Hoary this time.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

I finally got e17 working using smoons (Kudos to you! You da man!) .debs. My first impression was "wow", but digging in quickly revealed some rough edges. To some extend expected - of course - since this is in-develpment software, but also things more concerning.

My primary concern being the fact that the "dropshadows" are not real dropshadows. Windows does not shade each other. This looks a bit wierd when you have overlapping windows. It gives a somewhat "hackish" impression of e17 if you ask me...

Beans

Smile Re: HOWTO: Install and tweak E17 Enlightenment

Quote Originally Posted by Seti
    I just installed e17 (on MiniSlack 1.1, not Hoary) and have to say it was easier than I expected, after the time I tried to install in Hoary. Just downloaded the tarballs and used pkgtool. Done.
    Enlightenment is definitely a DE that is going places. I think it is absolutely beautiful! Check my screenie of it here
    I really liked using it, even if some stuff was a bit strange. Like I couldn't figure out how to edit the menu. Plus, it didn't want to play nice with xcompmgr, which I had to disable.
    Otherwise, I was impressed by how light and fast it was, despite being so heavy on the eye-candy. All those little openGL tricks really make it sparkle.
    In a couple of days I have some spare time; I'm gonna get it working right on Hoary this time.

Hi Seti,

To edit the Ibar and other menus just follow this link

http://get-e.org/User_Guide/English_pages/3.3.html

If you want to see what E17 can really do have a look at this link and scroll down to the *.AVI files download them and have a look

http://www.rasterman.com/index.php?page=Files

good luck,if you need any help i will try for you

clinton

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kamstrup
    I finally got e17 working using smoons (Kudos to you! You da man!) .debs. My first impression was "wow", but digging in quickly revealed some rough edges. To some extend expected - of course - since this is in-develpment software, but also things more concerning.

My primary concern being the fact that the "dropshadows" are not real dropshadows. Windows does not shade each other. This looks a bit wierd when you have overlapping windows. It gives a somewhat "hackish" impression of e17 if you ask me...

Can you post an example?????

Beans

Talking Re: HOWTO: Install and tweak E17 Enlightenment

HI,

A couple of shots of E17 in action for you to look at
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e17skylayered.png 
Views:	200 
Size:	354.8 KB 
ID:	1397   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e18skylayeredxmm.png 
Views:	307 
Size:	230.8 KB 
ID:	1398  

Beans

Hi,

I'm newbie in Ubuntu, and know I've got trouble to apply your advice below:

Using synaptic, install the following packages:

[CODE]
    enlightenment 0.17.0_pre10-0cvs20050216
    enlightenment-data 0.17.0_pre10-0cvs20050216
    eutils 0.0.1-0cvs20050215[/CODE
    ]

E17 should now be available as a session from the gnome login screen.

when I type synaptic in terminal mode, it will proceed to Synaptic Package Manager (graphical), but when in SPM, I cannot impeletement your advice..
    Can you give me more details guide?? step by step I hope...

Thanks in advance,
    ndhiet

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast