Thread: Poor flash playback. Stuck using Windows?

Beans

Poor flash playback. Stuck using Windows?

I have a netbook with an AMD c60 APU. It's 1.3ghz and in the performance range of the atom. It uses some kind of hardware acceleration in windows to give smooth video playback.
    In Windows I can play fullscreen flash videos perfectly fine, even 1080p video on youtube! (not that it matters on a 1366x768 screen) but I love linux and overall Lubuntu is much faster. However, this is not the case in flash and html5 video playback. I can't play even 480p youtube videos or flash video on some other sites without terrible stuttering. I installed the AMD proprietary driver from the repository but it didn't help. Is there anything I can do or am I stuck using Windows?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Poor flash playback. Stuck using Windows?

Please post your computer configurations? Might be problem with graphic card or you don't have enough ram.

Flash is very poorly supported. I couldn't play it either. Bought new machine (take a look at my signature), and everything is perfect. I am in doubt you will be able to look youtube videos.

Look for mozzila addons. I think it's called something like Flash removal. I am not sure, because I use Opera. Search a little bit and you will be able to find.

Good luck.

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT A QUANTAL QUETZAL IS...BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE PRETZEL AND I LIKE PRETZEL

Beans

It's a low powered machine but what dissapoints me is that flash playback is perfectly fine in windows but not Lubuntu. I would much rather be using Lubuntu but it kind of kills the experience when I can't watch videos.

AMD c60 1.3ghz dual core
    2gbs of ram

The GPU is integrated into the CPU. It's a Radeon 6290.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

You might need to install restricted-extras ..