Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firefox's matter ... ???

Beans

Firefox's matter ... ???

Generally, when i download a file, firefox will opened a small download's window for me.
    Let's say ... if I minimize both windows.
    The window, which able to be re-maximized is the download's window only.
    I unable to maximized the FF's main window.

Is it normal? how can it be solved?

In order to re-maximized the main window is:
    I select the downloading file, and open the download page.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Firefox's matter ... ???

I might be helpful to name your desktop being used, in all the ones I use unity or gnome 3 the main FF window is available as well as the download window.

If you are using unity you should see a little dot left of the icon in the left panel I believe, just clicking the FF icon should bring up both I believe.

I rarely use unity anymore though I may not have this correct.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by wilee-nilee View Post
    ... If you are using unity you should see a little dot left of the icon in the left panel ...
    Yup I see it! If the download's window was showed ... it will be 3 dots/triangle.
    But no matter which dot/triangle I click, the main FF's window would not show up.
    How can it be fixed?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by czgirb View Post
    Yup I see it! If the download's window was showed ... it will be 3 dots/triangle.
    But no matter which dot/triangle I click, the main FF's window would not show up.
    How can it be fixed?
    Hard to tell if this is just user error, or not understanding the desktop, or you have tweaked say compiz, or who knows what, you might just try
    Code:
    unity --reset
    in the terminal to reset the desktop.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

What if you double click the icon in the side panel? Unitys default behavior is to open the last opened window if clicking on a stack of minimized windows.
    Double clicking ti should bring up both windows and you can choose the one to reopen.
    Last edited by krustenBrot; July 7th, 2012 at 08:52 AM. Reason: clarification

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by krustenBrot View Post
    What if you double click the icon in the side panel? Unitys default behavior is to open the last opened window if clicking on a stack of minimized windows.
    Double clicking ti should bring up both windows and you can choose the one to reopen.
    No matter, which I click ... dot/triangle or Firefox's icon ... the only show up window is the download's window only. the main window would not show up.
    In order to make the main window to show up, I required to choose the downloaded file, right-click, and click open the download page.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

No matter, which I click ... dot/triangle or Firefox's icon ... the only show up window is the download's window only.
    Sorry. I must have gotten this wrong. Just wanted to see if it may be some Unity / User conflict
    Have you tried using something like this? What if You open up 2 main windows? Should be the same. If not it is specific to the downloads window.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

What happens when you try to ALT+TAB back to the main FF page?

Or;

Can you set up FF so that when you download something the little window doesn't pop up at all, and using a folder to get to your download, instead of the mini pop up?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by hypnot0ad View Post
    What happens when you try to ALT+TAB back to the main FF page?

Or;

Can you set up FF so that when you download something the little window doesn't pop up at all, and using a folder to get to your download, instead of the mini pop up?
    A good firefox addon for that purpose is "Download Statusbar". It removes the Downloads window (stops it popping up) and keeps all your Downloads in a Chrome-like bar at the bottom. You can even reduce it to being a tiny little drop down menu on the addon bar.

To avoid problems like your one with yuour firefox windows, I usually have a dock (Docky) on the other side of the screen opposite the Unity Launcher, which has icons for open applications only. That way i can haz the best of both worlds
    Last edited by blackbird34; July 7th, 2012 at 03:59 PM.
    check out KDE Neon
    Dell Inspiron 5625, AMD Ryzen 7 5825U

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by krustenBrot View Post
    ... wanted to see if it may be some Unity / User conflict ...
    How to check it out? Please guide me.

According to what you said, the Download Statusbar is a HELP ... as you said ... it looks like Chrome.
    Can we change the Statusbar in a New Tab? Like Opera did.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird34 View Post
    ... I usually have a dock (Docky) on the other side of the screen ...
    Would you mind for doing a favor by telling which docky, is recommended?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast