Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: listening ears ? Canonical are you there ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Exclamation listening ears ? Canonical are you there ?

simple question, does anyone from Canonical actually read these posts ? if not, why not ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: listening ears ? Canonical are you there ?

Quote Originally Posted by forestlake View Post
    simple question, does anyone from Canonical actually read these posts ? if not, why not ?
    This is a user's forum. The concept of the name "Ubuntu", one user helping another user. There are employee who are users also, so to answer your question, yes, some will answer your post if they happen to see it.
    Information on my Main laptop. Information on my small laptop Dell 11 3000
    Using a Asus 3632QM laptop with 8gig RAM, 250 SSD.
    Machine Registered 366271, 366273, 366275.
    Registered Ubuntu user number 18630. Registered Linux user number 458093.

Beans
    Distro

thanks for the reply IRV but some things people put stuff here in the hope the Canonical themselves will actually listen for once...

some things cannot be "fixed" by the forum as they are not fixes but workarounds... sometimes you need to get to the source to tell them what is going on so the ENTIRE Ubuntu community may benefit, not just those brave enough to enter the forums ;p

Beans
    Hidden!

Thread moved to Cafe.

Contact Canonical.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

thanks for the reply IRV but some things people put stuff here in the hope the Canonical themselves will actually listen for once...

some things cannot be "fixed" by the forum as they are not fixes but workarounds... sometimes you need to get to the source to tell them what is going on so the ENTIRE Ubuntu community may benefit, not just those brave enough to enter the forums ;p
    I am on the developer's mailing list and questions and comments are asked there that deal with problem and improvements. The Forum is for, "hey, I am in trouble, can you help." Things you can't wait for developers to fix, but work-around's.
    You have to remember developers; programmers are busy doing what they do not tech support people. So you won't find them out here and I would not expect them to be.
    Information on my Main laptop. Information on my small laptop Dell 11 3000
    Using a Asus 3632QM laptop with 8gig RAM, 250 SSD.
    Machine Registered 366271, 366273, 366275.
    Registered Ubuntu user number 18630. Registered Linux user number 458093.

Beans
    Distro

hmmm calling England is out of the question, none of the options there are relevant and writing a letter will eventually get there but would you write one?!? really ?!?!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by irv View Post
    I am on the developer's mailing list and questions and comments are asked there that deal with problem and improvements. The Forum is for, "hey, I am in trouble, can you help." Things you can't wait for developers to fix, but work-around's.
    You have to remember developers; programmers are busy doing what they do not tech support people. So you won't find them out here and I would not expect them to be.
    that is the problem, if you don't have a problem, how do you get in touch with someone, thus the question as to if someone was listening....

i have some accessibility issues i want to talk to someone about, not a work around, but some real options built into Ubuntu for the world to take advantage of whether they have accessibility issues are not....

quite funny though how those you wouldn't expect here, listening to the voices of "the people" seem to know what we want, what apparently works and what apparently doesn't work

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

I have seen users with "Ubuntu Developer" under their user information, but only twice. They do answer questions ,but I don't think they respond to rants. I'm not suggesting that you're ranting ,but I think is is understandable why such posts would be avoided.
    Last edited by Frogs Hair; July 7th, 2012 at 03:35 PM.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

that is the problem, if you don't have a problem, how do you get in touch with someone, thus the question as to if someone was listening....

i have some accessibility issues i want to talk to someone about, not a work around, but some real options built into Ubuntu for the world to take advantage of whether they have accessibility issues are not....

quite funny though how those you wouldn't expect here, listening to the voices of "the people" seem to know what we want, what apparently works and what apparently doesn't work
    What sort of attempts have you actually made to "contact Canonical"?
    By "i have some accessibility issues i want to talk to someone about, not a work around, but some real options built into Ubuntu for the world to take advantage of whether they have accessibility issues are not...." are you implying that you have some sort of solution that you are willing to reveal in return for some sort of consideration?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Frogs Hair View Post
    I have seen users with "Ubuntu Developer" under their user information, but only twice. They do answer questions ,but I don't think they respond to rants.
    the fact you don't like my tone doesn't mean it's a rant... i am sick of an open source world of closed doors and "super important people who are untouchable and uncontactable"... that's all ;p

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast