Thread: Another Unity shortcut/workspace question

Beans

Another Unity shortcut/workspace question

Hi forum,

Is there any way to see all open windows for a particular application across ALL workspaces? If I use ALT-TAB and select an application I can see all instances of the application in the CURRENT workspace. However, I can't see open windows for that application that may be hidden on other workspaces.

For example, if I'm using multiple Terminal windows across all four workspaces I can't see a summary of all the Terminal Windows. Instead I have to vistit all four workspaces and ALT-TAB to find them.

I'm sure I could do this in 11.10 (for Terminal at least - some apps like Remmina always seemed to be a problem ).

Any help would be much appreciated

Beans

Re: Another Unity shortcut/workspace question

There are actually a couple different ways you can go about doing this. First, if you don't have it already, install CompizConfig Settings Manager (CCSM):
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager
    ...or grab it from the Ubuntu Software Center.

Next, open CCSM from the dash and navigate to Desktop > Ubuntu Unity Plugin > Switcher. Uncheck the box that says "Bias alt-tab to prefer windows on the current viewport."

If you'd like to preserve the functionality of Alt-Tab when you aren't spread across workspaces, you can just use Ctrl+Alt+Tab, but it's an awkward combination. If you like, you can change it from the same tab of CCSM by modifying the "Key to start the switcher for all viewports" setting.

Beans

Talking Re: Another Unity shortcut/workspace question

Thanks Ceannfaolaidh,

That did the the job and as a bonus I get to play around with CCSM settings!

Even Remmina seems to play nice - I'm productive again!