Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: problem realtek 8723 driver

Beans

Re: problem realtek 8723 driver

Quote Originally Posted by chili555 View Post
    Looks like you have wireless to me!I'd love to know what it is. I'd also love to see:
    Code:
    sudo modprobe rtl8723ae
    dmesg | grep -i rtl
    Thanks.
    OK chili, this is going to sound ridiculous, but I booted into ******* and the wifi wasn't working there either! I did that fix garbage that windows 8 does and shut down the computer rather than rebooting (I think this computer has some sort of fastboot -- like in android). I waited 10 minutes, walked into my computer room and fired up the computer... I now have wifi working again on both sides. I guess the hardware was the issue (the Military calls this FM -- ie: f'ing magic -- or maybe its SNAFU ie: Situation Normal, All F'ed Up!-lol). If you'd still like me to run the commands in terminal I'd be happy to. Thank you for your assistance, I greatly appreciate it.
    -Mike

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

In one of my many lurid previous lives, it was known as PFM, where the P stands for 'pure.' That same group also often said it's sometimes better to be lucky than good. I'll take a solved working wireless device however I can get it!

Glad it's working. Have fun!
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Same magic here. After struggling until late I realised that it only works when you shutdown. A reboot doesn't show the wifi networks.

I didn't have more time to investigate and I don't know if it's somehow related to the poweroff and reboot bug present in the Toshibas. This other problem is apparently fixed in kernel 3.8.

I guess it's a matter of wait for the fixes and use the workarounds for the time being.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I discovered that if the wifi is manually disconnected from the panel then it works after reboot.

So what I did is to create a simple script and place it in /etc/rc6.d

#! /bin/sh

echo "Killing Wifi upon reboot"
    /usr/sbin/rfkill block 1

This is of course temporary until the bloody driver is supported in a new kernel but it makes the trick until then.

Cheers

Beans

Thnak You very much really .. mister chili555

really very much ... you make my day nice

it's work for me

Beans

Thanks Chili555 I had the same issue and this fixed my problem

Beans

hello
    im new to ubuntu
    im stil having trouble
    i went thru all these steps, but i still cant get the wireless working... the make shows me all error2

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Dayyanah View Post
    hello
    im new to ubuntu
    im stil having trouble
    i went thru all these steps, but i still cant get the wireless working... the make shows me all error2
    Seeing the exact error will help us greatly. 'Error 2' could be any number of things. Please post it.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans

OK, so I'm sitting here in front of a brand new laptop, on which I've just installed Xubuntu 12.10, and the built-in wireless doesn't work, so I'm having to use an ethernet connection.

lspci tells me that I have the Realtek 8723 controller fitted, so judging by this thread I have problems!

I've tried downloading, compiling and installing the drivers, detailed earlier in the thread, and after modprobing, can see the drivers installed. Dmesg also shows:

firemare: rtl8723fw_B.bin
    ieee80211 phy0: Selected rate control algorithm 'rtl_rc'
    rtlwifi: wireless switch is on

Also wlan1 is up:

wlan1 IEEE 802.11bgn ESSID:off/any
    Mode:Managed Access Point: Not-Associated Tx-Power=off
    Retry long limit:7 RTS thr=2347 B Fragment thr:off
    Power Management:on

I've now run out of ideas and would welcome some assistance to free me of being tethered with a cable to the net, please!

Jim

Beans
    Distro

We wonder why it is wlan1. Was or is there a possibly conflicting wlan0? Do we need to blacklist something? What does this tell us?
    Code:
    dmesg | grep rtl
    rfkill list all
    sudo iwlist wlan1 scan

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast