Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 132

Thread: problem realtek 8723 driver

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Carolina, USA
    Beans
    22,489
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

    Re: problem realtek 8723 driver

    I suspect it only takes the 'unblock' part. Please try this:
    Code:
    gksudo gedit /etc/rc.local
    Add a line above exit 0:
    Code:
    rfkill unblock 1
    Proofread, save and close gedit.

    Reboot and see if it's working. If not, we'll tweak a bit more.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Beans
    17

    Re: problem realtek 8723 driver

    Quote Originally Posted by chili555 View Post
    I suspect it only takes the 'unblock' part. Please try this:
    Code:
    gksudo gedit /etc/rc.local
    Add a line above exit 0:
    Code:
    rfkill unblock 1
    Proofread, save and close gedit.

    Reboot and see if it's working. If not, we'll tweak a bit more.
    it's not working

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Beans
    17

    Re: problem realtek 8723 driver

    And after adding a line into rc.local, it's necessary to create a script and place it in /etc/rc6.d

    Code:
    #! /bin/sh
    
    /usr/sbin/rfkill block 1
    finally everything is done automatically, and wifi works after reboot

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Beans
    17

    Re: problem realtek 8723 driver

    oops, wifi is broken again... i guess the magic worked only once (for one reboot)
    i'm ready for
    If not, we'll tweak a bit more.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Carolina, USA
    Beans
    22,489
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

    Re: problem realtek 8723 driver

    #! /bin/sh

    /usr/sbin/rfkill block 1
    I think this should be:
    Code:
    #! /bin/sh
    
    /usr/sbin/rfkill unblock 1
    Please try it both with and without the change in /etc/rc.local.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Beans
    17

    Re: problem realtek 8723 driver

    Quote Originally Posted by chili555 View Post
    I think this should be:
    Code:
    #! /bin/sh
    
    /usr/sbin/rfkill unblock 1
    Please try it both with and without the change in /etc/rc.local.
    what exactly should I try ?

    at present, the trick is working when
    1. with wifi on, before reboot I run manually the following script:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    
    rfkill block 1
    as a result I can see how wifi indicator turns off in the upper system tray

    2. soft reboot
    3. system starts with working wifi
    (/etc/rc.local is modified according your first instruction)

    What should I do to make the step number one run automatically ?

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Beans
    17

    Re: problem realtek 8723 driver

    Maybe my persistence in making things working my way looks little bit paranoid, but anyway I'll be very grateful for any answer

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Carolina, USA
    Beans
    22,489
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

    Re: problem realtek 8723 driver

    I don't feel it's paranoid in the least. It's just that I don't know an answer or even a wild guess. I think you want to add this to your shutdown and/or reboot scripts and I haven't a clue how to do it. I'm sorry I can't be of more assistance.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Beans
    10
    Hello I got a problem with the driver as well. I have followed the instructions from here: http://askubuntu.com/questions/13963...not-recognized . Now I can connect with the routers, but I always lose the connection and this is really annoying because it only happens in Ubuntu 12.10. I never lose the connection in Windows 7 and I don't know why...

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Carolina, USA
    Beans
    22,489
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

    Re: problem realtek 8723 driver

    Quote Originally Posted by gdisastery View Post
    Hello I got a problem with the driver as well. I have followed the instructions from here: http://askubuntu.com/questions/13963...not-recognized . Now I can connect with the routers, but I always lose the connection and this is really annoying because it only happens in Ubuntu 12.10. I never lose the connection in Windows 7 and I don't know why...
    Is there any clue in here?
    Code:
    dmesg | grep -e rtl -e wlan
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •