Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ffmpeg Script for batch convert video files into mp4 for iDevice really fast!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: ffmpeg Script for batch convert video files into mp4 for iDevice really fast!

Tried the script for newer ffmpeg and this works now, but still get a bad a/v sync, sound way ahead of video, when converting mp4 to mkv

(Elephants Dream (1080p) from Blender project)
    Code:
    Duration: 00:10:53.79, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 3519 kb/s
        Stream #0:0(und): Audio: aac (mp4a / 0x6134706D), 44100 Hz, stereo, s16, 125 kb/s
        Stream #0:1(und): Video: h264 (High) (avc1 / 0x31637661), yuv420p, 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 3391 kb/s, 24 fps, 24 tbr, 24k tbn, 48 tbc
    The best things in life are free, so what are we paying for?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: ffmpeg Script for batch convert video files into mp4 for iDevice really fast!

Does this shell (bash) script also work with Libav (a fork of FFmpeg)? FFmpeg is not being developed anymore.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Lyfang View Post
    FFmpeg is not being developed anymore.
    Totally incorrect. People think this is true due to the message they get when they try to use libav's version of "ffmpeg". Neither the message (annoyingly) nor users (understandably) make a distinction between the ffmpeg (the program) and the FFmpeg (the project). It is true that their "ffmpeg" is not being developed anymore, and it has since been dropped from libav since they basically renamed ffmpeg to avconv. It's a controversial mess and I can't imagine libav not foreseeing user confusion from their malworded message and enjoying this side-effect.

I tried to get the maintainer to re-word the message, but the process was frustrating and the result was unsatisfactory.

FFmpeg and ffmpeg are very alive.

See Who can tell me the difference and relation between ffmpeg, libav, and avconv for a quick summary.
    Last edited by FakeOutdoorsman; October 10th, 2012 at 09:48 PM.

Beans

Thumbs down Re: ffmpeg Script for batch convert video files into mp4 for iDevice really fast!

Quote Originally Posted by FakeOutdoorsman View Post
    Totally incorrect. People think this is true due to the message they get when they try to use libav's version of "ffmpeg". Neither the message (annoyingly) nor users (understandably) make a distinction between the ffmpeg (the program) and the FFmpeg (the project). It is true that their "ffmpeg" is not being developed anymore, and it has since been dropped from libav since they basically renamed ffmpeg to avconv. It's a controversial mess and I can't imagine libav not foreseeing user confusion from their malworded message and enjoying this side-effect.

I tried to get the maintainer to re-word the message, but the process was frustrating and the result was unsatisfactory.

FFmpeg and ffmpeg are very alive.

See Who can tell me the difference and relation between ffmpeg, libav, and avconv for a quick summary.
    Thank you very much for the info
    that's why the command is different.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I have used the script with success to convert a bunch of files but for another bunch it does not work. The error displayed is:

Input stream #0.2 frame changed from rate:48000 fmt:s16 ch:6 to rate:48000 fmt:s16 ch:2
    [mp4 @ 0x8dc860] Application provided invalid, non monotonically increasing dts to muxer in stream 0: -2 >= -2
    av_interleaved_write_frame(): Invalid argument

Any ideas what the problem could be? I did a bit of googling and found a thread on this error but not much else.

Something that can be fixed in the file?
    Thanks

Edit: Using standard Ubuntu 12.04
    Last edited by kingcharles1666; January 1st, 2013 at 10:20 PM. Reason: added release info
    Help Conquer Cancer!
    Donate your idle processor time

Beans

updated for ffmpeg 2.0

Beans

try the new one with ffmpeg 2.0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12