Thread: Q: Installing Ubuntu on HP DV6T Quad Edition

Beans

Q: Installing Ubuntu on HP DV6T Quad Edition

Hi everyone,

I just got a brand new HP DV6t Quad Edition that I really want to use with Ubuntu and Windows. I have dual booted on my desktop, but I'm a little concerned about dual booting on this machine because of two main things:

A)This laptop has a 32gb mSSD for Intel RSD (The main HD is 1tb)
    B)This laptop has both integrated Intel HD 4000 graphics and an nvidia gt 650M

Basically, I am wondering if I will be able to install Ubuntu on this machine even with these modifications. I also want to know if there are any special steps I need to take to make sure the machine will completely work if Ubuntu is installed (If I need to run custom commands, install specific drivers, etc).

Thank you so much everyone.

Beans

Re: Q: Installing Ubuntu on HP DV6T Quad Edition

Alright, so I disabled Intel RST and have attempted to install Ubuntu 11.04 from a USB stick, but I kept getting a no root error.

I booted back into windows, and attempted to install via WUBI from the Ubuntu site, and that got to 99% before getting an error.

I am now making a 12.xx USB stick and I will attempt to install using that. If anyone has any suggestions or links I would greatly appreciate the help.

Beans

Re: Q: Installing Ubuntu on HP DV6T Quad Edition

Alright, now I don't know where to install it. I created a new NTFS partition in Windows, and then converted it to Ext4 when I got into Ubuntu using Gparted. Problem is, when I go to install, it seems that all of my drives are switched around. I'll post a few pictures.