Thread: Linux Install Fest Related

Beans

Linux Install Fest Related

Hey all, Just here to say that I have small business repairing computers, programming and the likes here in Parteen, Co. Clare.
    I am currently offering free installs of Ubuntu linux amongst others, in store.

I would also love to hear from any of those directly involved with Ubuntu LUG in the south west.

As I would be able to offer my space for LUG meetings etc.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Pentium 4 2.6GhZ, 1024MB RAM, 80GB HDD, ATI 9250GT,
    Gentoo, Like a Rocket Ship

Beans

Re: Linux Install Fest Related

Hi ATAQ,
    I guess by now you've realised our forums are quiet. Apologies for that. While I am not living in the southwest I do know some of the groups there that are interested in Ubuntu. Members of UL Comp Soc and the Milklabs (Makerspace) are involved in the Ubuntu Ireland LoCo. The guy behind Openpoint.ie is also into open source in general. If you are interested in getting more active in Ubuntu Ireland and making better contact with people I'd suggest using the mailing list. It is also quiet but not as quiet as the forums! Details of our mailing list can be found at:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-ie

The IRC channel is also slightly more active. It can experience periods of inactivity but in general a response will be forthcoming so keep logged in.

You can connect to the ubuntu-ie IRC channel by pointing your client to the Freenode network and joining the #ubuntu-ie channel.

Kind Regards,

Mike O'Donohue