Thread: BT 5 and Ubuntu file sharing

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

BT 5 and Ubuntu file sharing

I set up file sharing on my Ubuntu 10.04. I can now transfer large files to my BT 5 system, without any prob. Whenever I transfer files from BT 5 to Unbuntu, however, the system somehow changes the attribute of the file by marking it as read only,which prevents from executing on Ubuntu. I tried changing the attribute to r/w on BT but no dice. any suggestions?

Beans

Re: BT 5 and Ubuntu file sharing

Quote Originally Posted by RaHorakhty View Post
    I set up file sharing on my Ubuntu 10.04. I can now transfer large files to my BT 5 system, without any prob. Whenever I transfer files from BT 5 to Unbuntu, however, the system somehow changes the attribute of the file by marking it as read only,which prevents from executing on Ubuntu. I tried changing the attribute to r/w on BT but no dice. any suggestions?
    I imagine it is to do with the user, in Ubuntu you are likely an admin using sudo, in BT you are likely root (unless you changed the default setup) so the files are read only as they are owned by root.

Just a guess, as i dont know your filesystem or setup, mind you I have a killer headache so might be talking gibberish also as i cant think straight...LOL

Time to sign out.

Peadce
    Feel Free to Bitcoin Tip: 135Rp4pwwYTHEJ4u8bxKaDQiC91N9LUoV2

Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: BT 5 and Ubuntu file sharing

Thanks Haqking for trying Haqking! Eat some beans....it does wonders for a headache.