Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moonlight Silverlight problems pls help..

Beans

Moonlight Silverlight problems pls help..

In advance i want to thank everybody for their help in which i have found some threads on this but would really like to know if there is anything else i should do to make it better and work specifically for this page.
    http://www.level2stockquotes.com/stock-charts.html
    I have installed moonlight and it seems to work the page loads to its 100% but wont load any more and just leaves a blank page.... Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Moonlight Silverlight problems pls help..

I think you would get a better response by contacting the website:-

http://www.level2stockquotes.com/contact-us.html
    Keep Ubuntu free! Donate any amount you like – just use the PayPal donation address donations@ubuntu.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I can see the media loading , but it doesn't run. I am not registered with the site and I don't know if that is required. When I select one of the sample graphs I am routed to a registration page. http://investorshub.advfn.com/
    “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can."

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual

Beans
    Distro

I believe development stopped a while back. You'll probably need windows in a vm or dual boot..

http://askubuntu.com/questions/80293...refox-versions

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Leosdan2010 View Post
    In advance i want to thank everybody for their help in which i have found some threads on this but would really like to know if there is anything else i should do to make it better and work specifically for this page.
    http://www.level2stockquotes.com/stock-charts.html
    I have installed moonlight and it seems to work the page loads to its 100% but wont load any more and just leaves a blank page.... Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.
    You could use RNDR in Chrome though it certainly isn't going to replace Silverlight . You can add it to Chrome in the Chrome apps store. However, before you do read the comments section. RNDR uses a proxy and by using it you pretty much give up all your privacy so use at your own risk.

Beans

No there is no registration needed it does load up but it wont run .... i contact them and their response is to get microsoft silverlight ....I trully preffer ubuntu over all of them and dont want to install windows 7 or any kind of windows lol .....I may have to get it thou its the only way for me to work... Am gonna try Curtis6767's way and see if it works .. Thank you everyone i appreciate the fast response ... Btw if there is any way to get windows in a vm or dual boot as philinux posted can someone please direct me to a thread that helps with it or would i have to buy windows or a cheap way of getting it ???.... Also i had windows vista home premium installed before ubuntu but yes i deleted the whole thing lol...... Thanks everybody ......

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I run Virtual Box
    It allows Vista (or almost any OS) to run on Virtual machine.
    I do this for the few times I need to test or verify other operating systems. Depending on your computer it can run slow but also can be copyied or moved as needed. PS get the version from oracle it has a few extra options for free

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Smile Re: Moonlight Silverlight problems pls help..

I have not found any great solutions for silverlight since it is a MS copywrighted program it is one of the few linux drawbacks

Beans

Thank you in advance Lincoln32 .... yea its a little frustrating it sucks thou i think am gonna have to go back to windows i been at it with it for over 8 hours cant find a solution at all tried the chrome version and nutting still a blank screen ... Thank you ..

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Leosdan2010 View Post
    Thank you in advance Lincoln32 .... yea its a little frustrating it sucks thou i think am gonna have to go back to windows i been at it with it for over 8 hours cant find a solution at all tried the chrome version and nutting still a blank screen ... Thank you ..
    When I got my netbook with win 7 home premium I quickly decided to dual boot even before it arrived.

Reason SkyGo from bskyb uses silverlight. That said I think silverlight will die eventually.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast