Hello,

So at first it was Ubuntu 12.04 that I had, then after finding out that Xubuntu is lighter than Unity on my low-end computer, and after testing too many desktop environments and keeping on that one, I am having many problem of somehow a "conflict" between the installed desktop environments.
Whatsoever.

Remember the old Ubuntu 4.10 startup sound ? I don't, actually I just discovered it a while ago. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WFCQrCReGU )
So as I was impressed by that, I decided I'd enjoy having it on my Xubuntu, or Ubuntu with the Xubuntu desktop environment.

I have installed the Startup Sound as an .mp3 file, but then found out that it should be an .ogg file.
But the videos showed that I should get to a folder under /usr/share/sounds/ubuntu/stereo and paste the file there and then modify something in Startup applications. But then I figured out that's for Gnome, so I didn't waste any time trying to do that, and actually none of the .ogg files there are being played, so I guess that folder isn't being used by Xubuntu, or something like that.

I also tried just to add the .mp3 file under Startup programs, but that doesn't seem to work.

Thus, my question is, how do I add a Startup sound to Xubuntu ?

Thanks in advance,
UAdnan.