Thread: irc ubuntu problems

Beans

irc ubuntu problems

I was on irc earlier. Freenode #ubuntu whenever a floodbot kept slowing down the channel because a user was spamming !list and !user every 5 minutes. I waited until the proper authorities arrived and slamed the bam hammer on the user. The problem is they never showed. I waited for about 45 minutes and gave up. The worst part about it... after upgrading firefox I couldn't log in to ubuntu forums to get help. I finally was able to get help over on the firefox irc channel.

What can be done about this? This is at least the 3rd time this has happened to me.

Re: irc ubuntu problems

It looks that their channel needs more ops in different time zones. If they need one, I'm here

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

From the wiki

Operators

IRC operators can help you if there is a problem or disturbance in the channel. In most channels, saying « !ops » will alert operators, but this should only be done in response to serious channel emergencies. Channel operators and the IRC Team can be contacted in #ubuntu-irc for general enquiries.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hi thinktyler,

If you have an extra USB stick lying around, you might want to use Unetbootin to install a clean Linux on it in case you ever need it

That way, if the main OS decides to play up, you an just boot into the USB stick and get help knowing all your default programs (firefox etc) will work okay.