Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No Nexus 7 for me

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: No Nexus 7 for me

Already preordered sounds like its too good to be true. But for once it isn't.
    Last edited by darrenn; June 29th, 2012 at 05:45 AM.
    Phenom X4 Quad Core 9950 Black Editon, Geforce 8800GT

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Brimwylf View Post
    +1
    16GB is a lot too, do you really need more than 16GB media with you before you get to your computer and are able to upload new stuff?
    I have a 4GB card in my current Android phone, and I have never ran past 2GB (this including the occasional movie/TV show episodes and a few albums of music).
    I just switch around when I feel like listening to something else. A 16GB non-extendable capacity is not the best reason not to go for a good piece of machinery, atleast that's my oppinion.
    OMG I would fill up 16GB just uploading music I may want to listen to later, not to mention what I am sure I would want to listen to. IMHO anyone putting in less then 64GB base mem is a joke.
    Mac Mini: OSX 10.9 Mavericks, i7-3720QM 2.6Ghz, 16GB RAM, 1.25TB Fusion Array, Intel HD4000 iGPU
    Photo Blog on Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/ExodistPhotoBlog
    Linux User: 380654

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by IWantFroyo View Post
    +1

I probably would get a Nexus 7 if I didn't already have my HP TouchPad.

I'll probably get a Nexus phone when it's time for my upgrade, however. If I stick with AT&T.
    I am most definitely selling my touchpad for this device.
    That's what she said.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    OMG I would fill up 16GB just uploading music I may want to listen to later, not to mention what I am sure I would want to listen to. IMHO anyone putting in less then 64GB base mem is a joke.
    Ever since I started using Google music, I've stopped copying music onto my device.

It's all in the cloud, when I go out with my phone, I download a couple of albums I want to listen to, grab my headphones and go. When storage gets tight (which it hasn't yet on my 8gb Microsd), I can remove what I don't want to listen to.
    That's what she said.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by AllRadioisDead View Post
    Ever since I started using Google music, I've stopped copying music onto my device.

It's all in the cloud, when I go out with my phone, I download a couple of albums I want to listen to, grab my headphones and go. When storage gets tight (which it hasn't yet on my 8gb Microsd), I can remove what I don't want to listen to.
    I do the same thing, minus the Google music bit. I use my local storage for storing. I have a total of 5 albums of music on my phone now, enough to last me the road to work and back.
    But yeah, some people like having it all with them at any given time, I have friends that do the same. Still, 16GB seems enough for me, but you can't argue with other people's needs I guess.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    It sounds like you need to work on having a better idea of what you'll want to listen to or watch.

The battery will die long, long before you run through 16gbs of songs or most video files.
    Desktop
    Antec 300 Illusion, Athlon II X4 640, 8GB DDR3 1333, EarthWatts430W, Radeon HD 6670 1GB
    Laptop
    Lenovo Thinkpad Z61T, T7200@2.00GHz, 2GB DDR2, 100gb HD, TPM Encryption

i would love to get it, but i love my kindle fire =). I have amazon prime which means if i switched to the nexus 7 i would lose access to the Kindle books ability to "Borrow a book" and i would also lose access to the amazon prime videos.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

would something like this work with a mirco usb to hdmi adapter? The only downside I see is that although it can play 1080p videos smoothly, it doesnt have a hdmi so that I can hook it up to an 1080p monitor and enjoy the content from there.
    Intel i5 Ivy Bridge 2.8Ghz (3.4Ghz Turbo), 64bit user, AMD GPU 7700 series

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I'm pretty peeved about the lack of µSD support, but I'd really only use it to store my music which is already on my phone. At a $200 price point I bought one pretty quickly. Shortly after, decided I wanted the 16 GB one instead (as I still download a bunch of apps), and now I'm waiting for Google to cancel my first order.

Wish their support was a bit more responsive, even on the phone the rep told me "up to 48 hours" for a response from the cancellations department.

Edit: Ok, which one of you works for Google? My order was just resolved.
    Last edited by jpeddicord; June 29th, 2012 at 07:46 PM.

Beans

I already pre ordered one,I was a bit concerned about lack of storage but I decided to look how much space I have used up on my mobile and other tablets.

Samsung S2 I have 9gb of music and about 1gb of apps
    EEE transformer, about 1.5gb of apps, no music
    HP touchpad, about the same as the eee transformer.

after seeing that I just decided to go with the 8gb version, I have no intention of storing music on it, I don't think I have ever listened to music on either tablet before, yesterday I did upload my complete collection to google play music so it is there if at any time I decide I want listen to music on it.

from what I have read online the 8gb version will have about 5.5gb of usable space as the OS and recovery partitions etc take up some space, so the 8gb should be plenty for what I need.

edit: looks like its closer to 6gb of usable space https://twitter.com/nerdtalker/statu...412481/photo/1 but for my planned usage its more than enough.
    Last edited by markp1989; June 29th, 2012 at 11:27 PM.
    Desktop:i7 875k|4gb OCZ platinum ddr3 2000|Evga P55 LE mobo|OCZ RevoDrive 50gb|ATI 5850 Black Edition|Silverstone FT02|corsair tx650
    Portable: 13" Macbook Pro 2.8ghz i7 16gb RAM | Asus EEE TF101 | Samsung Galaxy S2

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast