Thread: Plain Software raid, or LVM or LVM on top of software raid

Beans

Plain Software raid, or LVM or LVM on top of software raid

On 2008 i installed ubuntu and then i place this question on ubuntu: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=788493 after having the server working for 4 years, last week, i had one hard drive failing (which i had during the 4 years and replace with no problem) but when i try to replace it i have a power outrage and it screw up my complete server. So now i am about to reinstall and even though have being 4 years, i still consider myself very new and would like some advise...So this are my questions:
    since I have to do everything again I would like to know what has change and I have to do it the same way or differently.

1)I had install ubuntu server 8.04, it was raid 1 (100mb) for /boot, raid 1 (2gb) for swap, Raid 5 (10gb) for / (system) and raid 5 (980 gb) for /home. this was done using 3 500 GB hard drive. My question here is if should i do the sama or do something different; ie: ext4 instead of ext3. LVM on top of the raids, or anyhting different that you will be suggest

rgotten

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Plain Software raid, or LVM or LVM on top of software raid

Duplicate Post
    Please do not post multiple threads on the same topic, as this dilutes community effort
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.