Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Add Permanent Links to My Signature

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Add Permanent Links to My Signature

I've been trying to do this without asking but I would like to add links to stickies, how to use the terminal and stuff like that fao the newbies, because it semms that they don't want to do some research before they start asking questions.

I don't mind helping the newcomers to Ubuntu, I was one once upon a time, but I feel it would be easier for both sides if they could click on a link instead of typing the same thing 2,3,4,5, times a day.

thanks, jmfal

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Re: Add Permanent Links to My Signature

Quote Originally Posted by jmfal View Post
    I've been trying to do this without asking but I would like to add links to stickies, how to use the terminal and stuff like that fao the newbies, because it semms that they don't want to do some research before they start asking questions.

I don't mind helping the newcomers to Ubuntu, I was one once upon a time, but I feel it would be easier for both sides if they could click on a link instead of typing the same thing 2,3,4,5, times a day.

thanks, jmfal
    "don't want to do some research"...probably should be "don't yet know how to do research"...but whatever.

Just go to your UserCP (top left on the bar thing), then go to "Edit signature". Add some links there.

Beans
    Distro

Thanks MG&TL,
    I wasn't sure if it would put the links in the main reply or if it would end up by my user name, I'm sure nobody would see the links there.

Beans
    Distro

"don't want to do some research"...probably should be "don't yet know how to do research"...but whatever.
    That's the reason why I'M asking,they want to start using Ubuntu (I don't blame them) and they think there using a Mac ( just press this button and everything will be fine).

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Thanks MG&TL,
    I wasn't sure if it would put the links in the main reply or if it would end up by my user name, I'm sure nobody would see the links there.
    Not a problem.

That's the reason why I'M asking,they want to start using Ubuntu (I don't blame them) and they think there using a Mac ( just press this button and everything will be fine).
    Hehe, yeah, been there, done that.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Thanks MG&TL,
    They will be under your post's - like mine are.

Beans
    Distro

Thanks Elfy

Beans
    Distro

While we are at it how do I make my link without the URL (TO be able to click on the text not the link below)

Beans

While we are at it how do I make my link without the URL (TO be able to click on the text not the link below)

because it semms that they don't want to do some research before they start asking questions.
    I feel this is a little ironic

</sarcasm>

P.s wait! is ironic the right word, cos ironically i never know when to use the word irony, guess i could google it but instead im being hypocritical
    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Have a look at the BBCode link in my sig. You need [URL][/URL] tags. For your first link, this should do it:

Code:
    [URL=ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1909108]Starting out with Ubuntu[/URL]
    I'll let you work out the second one.

By the way the extra "http://" has poisoned your link in the first and I'm getting a WOT "This site has poor reputation..." message. This is nothing to do with ubuntuforums, but "www.http.com" that has crept into your link. The second link doesn't work.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast