Thread: A few issues! :)

Beans

Talking A few issues! :)

Well first off, this is my first post in the Ubuntu forums! So hi Secondly, Linux has opened up so many possibilities and is absolutely brilliant! So thanks to everyone who supports it! I just have a few issues with Lubuntu.

1. When installing Google Music Manager I get only one software management tool is allowed to run at one time, I'm not using any and can't find any on the task manager.
    2. Lubuntu goes off during watching a video due to the screensaver but obviously I want my system to stay awake.
    3. Torrent magnets don't open Transmission but Chrome, this is just annoying but I know of a work around but would love to get it fixed

Anyway, thanks for reading and even more thanks if you can solve some of my problems!

Beans

Re: A few issues! :)

I may be able to help with your second question.

Which program are you using to watch videos?

E.g., with VLC you can go to Tools -> Preferences -> Show settings (bottom left) select All -> scroll down to Video and select, then check Disable screen saver.

Most media players should have that option somewhere.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

If you're using firefox to download your torrent files, go to Edit>Preferences>Applications, scroll down until you find "magnet" on the left-hand side, and then change the option for launching.
    Linux Gamer.
    Steam: rudeboyskunk
    Desura: rudeboyskunk
    Add me as a friend. Kill zombies/aliens/nazis with me. ON LINUX.

Beans

I fixed the first two issues ;D I'm using Chrome for my browser and really don't want to change because it's synced with my other laptop and pc! Thanks for the help though