Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Qualcomm Atheros Bigfoot Killer E2200 Ethernet working in linux

Beans

Re: Qualcomm Atheros Bigfoot Killer E2200 Ethernet working in linux

This article helps me a lot. Many thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Arrow Re: First sign of trouble

Quote Originally Posted by belnac View Post
    Letting everybody know that I just tried to connect the NIC to a gigabit switch but it refuses to negotiate a 1000Mb link.
    Just to let everyone know that this is not a driver issue! Turns out the Cat5e cable I was using was faulty. Replaced it with a cat6 and now have a super fast 1gpbs link.

Beans

Smile Re: Qualcomm Atheros Bigfoot Killer E2200 Ethernet working in linux

Quote Originally Posted by belnac View Post
    Using Kernel 3.5.0-rc3, compilation fails on ./net/bluetooth/rfcomm/tty.c

Attached is a simple patch I've just created that fixes the compilation error, which is caused by different function definitions for tty_unlock and tty_lock; current version of tty.c expects the two (mutex) functions to accept an argument, which they now don't anymore.

Mahler, thanks again for this - the NIC has now been brought to life!
    This patch also needs to be applied when using Ubuntu 12.04 and Kernel 3.4-precise.

With that I got things working with Ubuntu 12.04, Ivy bridge processor (that needs kernel 3.4) and LAN.

Thanks for sharing this!

Edit: it works directly after install. But Ubuntu does not start up any more with 3.4 kernel. So still looking for a solution (will see if Ubuntu 12.10 makes it work without customizations)
    Last edited by keesvandieren; October 18th, 2012 at 10:06 AM.

Beans

Question Re: Qualcomm Atheros Bigfoot Killer E2200 Ethernet working in linux

Can someone confirm that this Network card is supported in Ubuntu 12.10? (with our without custom driver)?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

It isn't supported directly, but can be done with modification of compat-wireless.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D.

Beans

Hi All, just letting everybody know that this modification with the patch mentioned still works for ubuntu 12.10 when using the stock kernel. At this time, the network card is still not officially supported.

I'd also like to let everyone know that the patch mentioned above also works for 3.6.x kernels. You may upgrade to these and still have your network card working.

Beans

Mahler122: Pulled the latest drivers from http://www.orbit-lab.org/kernel/comp...1-snpc.tar.bz2 and applied your patch. Everything seems to be working amazingly well on Ubuntu 12.04. Thanks so much!

Beans

Finally got it working, with Intel Ivy Bridge processor and Ubuntu 12.04 and Kernel 3.6

Steps:

The topic start post does not mention the step: /scripts/driver-select alx, linuxwireless.org does. Should it be listed there as well?

Beans

Hello all!

I want to make Linux my daily OS, but i've an E2100.. Is there anyway to make this patch works for my card?

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeHaveYou View Post
    Hello all!

I want to make Linux my daily OS, but i've an E2100.. Is there anyway to make this patch works for my card?

Thanks!
    If you have the same device, there is no reason why not. Please verify:
    Code:
    lspci -nn | grep 0200
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast