View Poll Results: Do you like the proposed color scheme "Hybrid"?

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this would be perfect for Edgy's new look.

47 27.81%
  • No, I prefer the current orange/brown/beige theming.

90 53.25%
  • No, I don't like "Hybrid" nor "Human."

32 18.93%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Possible new color scheme for Edgy

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Possible new color scheme for Edgy

Quote Originally Posted by curuxz
    http://www.omsi.edu/visit/tech/colormix.cfm

Here you can play with light colours (primary being RED, GREEN and BLUE) and paint colours (primary being RED, BLUE and YELLOW)

This should explain why you often see red, green and blue themes but almost never yellow themes. HID always works on the light scale as does the colour refrence codes in HTML ie #FF 42 24 is a refrence to the 3 channels of light.
    That just demonstrates how light colors mix together as opposed to pigments, it doesn't discuss at all that colors won't work well together the same way... Light based colors and pigment based colors create different colors differently, but the human eye is going to pick up the result in the same exact way. I still don't understand how you can say that two colors that work together in ink or paint won't work together on a monitor.

Interestingly enough, I've been doing some color expirements mixing my proposed colors together with different tones and values, and I've actually found the more blue I make my greys they better they look against the oranges ...although I do have to admit most monitors still do a crappy job of representing them properly. Orange seems particularly hard to get to look right on a screen. I really wish we'd finally go beyond 24bit color, it's still not nearly enough :/
    Last edited by ZephyrXero; June 30th, 2006 at 09:15 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567