Quote Originally Posted by mbleigh View Post
I've managed to get Ubuntu up and running on my UX31A. By upgrading to the Quantal kernel the trackpad is working better, I've got the Fn keys working all right, but I can't seem to get the Ubuntu bootloader to take over from Windows.

I've reinstalled about a dozen times but nothing seems to make a difference. Whatever the installation process is doing, it's not making grub the default bootloader. Right now the only way for me to boot into Ubuntu is to have a bootable USB key attached.

Can anyone help?
If you used the 'advanced/manual' way of partitioning and did not let the installer to recreate everything, you have to make sure that you have created a uefi partition larger than 200Mb and after that you specified the grubloader to be installed on /dev/sda (automatically is set to /dev/sdb for a reason i do not really understand).

What i did to fix this was to create the uefi partition using gparted and after that follow this instructions to reinstall grub: http://www.howopensource.com/2012/05...4-live-cd-usb/