Thread: one screen overlapping into another

Beans

one screen overlapping into another

hi guys. I have an external monitor and ubuntu 13.04 installed with latest legacy driver for my ati 4570 graphic card. I used VGA connection but sometimes the monitor was flashy and wheezy(only on ubuntu, on windows 7 it was ok). So i switched to HDMI. And my problem: As I used VGA there were about 5pixels from notebook screen overlaping into my monitor on the left. Luckily there was a customization in amdccle driver and i moved the screen to the left and everything was allright. But since I am using HDMI the customization changed and ther is no such setting and I have an ugly white line on the left of my monitor. Can anybody help me please?

Beans

Re: one screen overlapping into another

Hi, I have found out that the problem is due to my ati driver detects my monitor as digital television, there is also label DTV on it as I noticed lately. But I have no solution to it. I have tried for some help at ati support, but pages like ati developers blog or forum are dead, they return error 500 or not found. Is there any way to run amdcccle with some parameter to force it to get monitor settings?
    thanks