Thread: Firefox Crash on Update

Beans

Firefox Crash on Update

I use Xubuntu 11.10, and after the most recent update, Firefox crashes immediately after initializing the program. A brief report indicates that my /usr/bin/firefox shell script is not executable, but after reviewing the file properties, this doesn't look like the case.

I sent a bug report to Mozilla, but is there a way to get a more comprehensive read-out of what the issue might be? A command line function, maybe.

Thanks for the help!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Firefox Crash on Update

Quote Originally Posted by RieuxTarrou View Post
    I use Xubuntu 11.10, and after the most recent update, Firefox crashes immediately after initializing the program. A brief report indicates that my /usr/bin/firefox shell script is not executable, but after reviewing the file properties, this doesn't look like the case.

I sent a bug report to Mozilla, but is there a way to get a more comprehensive read-out of what the issue might be? A command line function, maybe.

Thanks for the help!
    Did you tried uninstalling firefox via terminal and then re-installing again via terminal? This happened to me with Midori and doing this solved my issue.

Cheers,

lrcaballero
    To Doubt is infinitely more important that adoration, To question is much more Important than to believe....
    Anthony DeMello

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Run firefox from the terminal and observe any errors or output there.

With firefox issues, the first thing I'd suggest is trying to run it in safe-mode and if that doesn't work try creating a new profile:

Code:
    firefox --safe-mode
    firefox -P

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lrcaballero View Post
    Did you tried uninstalling firefox via terminal and then re-installing again via terminal? This happened to me with Midori and doing this solved my issue.

Cheers,

lrcaballero
    It looks like the re-installation worked. Thanks! Do you know what the bug may have been?