Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Send and Receive Hotmail through Evolution

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: HOWTO: Send and Receive Hotmail through Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by nicktrik View Post
    I had problems with sending mail and I usually had to sudo /etc/init.d/inetutils-inetd restart in order just to receive mail. Then I came across izymail, and all problems solved. http://v3.izymail.com/support.aspx#setup is the way to go.
    But this costs money to use...
    Registered Linux Couter #217909
    This site has been moved. - We'd tell you where, but then we'd have to delete you.

Beans

Hey! Worked like a charm! For a newbie! Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I joined windows live mail beta but I still got the you have to pay for webdav error. Anything else I have to do?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Yay! It works! I didn't even know I could check Hotmail without Outlook! I don't use Hotmail a lot, that's why I prefer not even visiting hotmail.com... Gmail is the best for me, by the way.

Thanks a lot for this howto, you liberated me from having to go on the Hotmail website!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Turns out I registered to windows live mail and not windows live mail desktop.

However now I get a new error. Server Answer: "Unable to find folder inbox on remote server"

I think this might be because I have a swedish account. inbox is actually called inkorg. I had the exact same problem with gotmail but there you can choose what folder to download. Can I do that here to?

EDIT: Crap, not the problem. I changed it to inkorg and recompiled. Still the same error. Except it's "Unable to find folder inkorg on remote server" now.
    Last edited by Rizado; March 6th, 2007 at 06:29 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Fantastic HowTo.
    Worked like a charm for me.Finally i can send and receive mail without going to firefox.

Now if only someone could tell me how to import and sync all my personal folders from hotmail, my day would be made!

Beans

Thank you very much.
    I got the same error message :

Unable to connect to POP server 127.0.0.1.
    Error sending password: -ERR Hotmail said you must pay money to have WebDAV access

My account is old, at least from 2003.

Thanks again.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Worked great in Thunderbird for me! Can send and receive using Thunderbird and this Hotmail account.

Edit: I had to redo this guide when I upgraded to Feisty.
    Last edited by Floppyjoe; April 28th, 2007 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Edit

Beans

Wink Re: HOWTO: Send and Receive Hotmail through Evolution

THANK YOU FOR THIS WONDERFUL THREAD!

I just set up my hotmail account to evolution! It looks great and it's neat and well made. I'm so happy. This thread really helped me and it was easy enough to follow. I didn't have any problems (thankfully) installing it, but I do have two questions. My first question is the following:

Is there a specific setting that must be fine tuned for receiving emails? I can send with no problem, however, whenever I try to receive emails they don't go through. Instead, I've got to log into hotmail to retrieve them. Any ideas? It can be something simple that I've missed out. Please help.

The second question:

Are there themes/mods/plugings that you can download to make it even better or more stylish? Style is a very important thing next to features

Beans

I've no clue how but the messages are actually going through. It just takes awhile, I'm going to see if there's anyway to configure it so that a) I don't have to enter a password to do everything & b) don't have to wait as long to be notified about a new message. Again, an amazing thread.

Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast