Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Send and Receive Hotmail through Evolution

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: HOWTO: Send and Receive Hotmail through Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by swelmer View Post
    has anyone seen this message, this is what i get after following the directions in this post.

ERR- unable to find folder on remote server.
    You must have set your incoming server as IMAP. For really easy hotmail access, download freepops @ http://cybertech.altervista.org/en/freepops.php, making sure you download proper architecture for your machine, (both freepops and its updater), install via gdebi, set incoming server as localhost:2000, set server as POP, use your isp smtp for outgoing, update the freepops program with the separate updater,(applications>internet) and you're good to go.

I don't use hotmail very often, if at all, but I just now checked mine, and it is working perfectly.

ps - restart your machine the daemon will run automatically.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by mandrill; September 18th, 2008 at 09:52 AM.
    "Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Many thanks, followed your initial instructions and five minutes later was reading my email.

readinglady

Beans

Is it possible for someone to repost the steps on how to do this. I have tried the steps from the very beginning, But there seem to be other ways of setting this up, I can't quite seem to figure out all of the steps from the many pages and posts.
    Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I'm a new user trying to switch from windows to ubuntu.

Thanks,
    Anthony

Beans
    Distro

For really easy hotmail access, download freepops @ http://cybertech.altervista.org/en/freepops.php, making sure you download proper architecture for your machine, (both freepops and its updater), install via gdebi, set incoming server as localhost:2000, set server as POP, use your isp smtp for outgoing, update the freepops program with the separate updater,(applications>internet) and you're good to go.

I don't use hotmail very often, if at all, but I just now checked mine, and it is working perfectly.

Good Luck!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by zolts View Post
    I have followed the instructions in the first post but when i send/receive messages the following happens

Can anyone help with this????
    Same thing happened to me as described by zolts in the above quote. The message shows up after clicking Send/Receive and entering the pass. I noticed that quite a few people have mentioned this error since the beginning of this thread, but I'm unclear of the solution. Would you kindly help us resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Rin

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by rinishak View Post
    Same thing happened to me as described by zolts in the above quote. The message shows up after clicking Send/Receive and entering the pass. I noticed that quite a few people have mentioned this error since the beginning of this thread, but I'm unclear of the solution. Would you kindly help us resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Rin
    See the post 2 posts directly above. Got a picture on it just like the one to your left......
    Last edited by mandrill; September 30th, 2008 at 12:34 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mandrill View Post
    For really easy hotmail access, download freepops @ http://cybertech.altervista.org/en/freepops.php, making sure you download proper architecture for your machine, (both freepops and its updater), install via gdebi, set incoming server as localhost:2000, set server as POP, use your isp smtp for outgoing, update the freepops program with the separate updater,(applications>internet) and you're good to go.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the help, this did the trick.This is much simpler then what is described in the original post.

Beans

Smile Re: HOWTO: Send and Receive Hotmail through Evolution

I just installed Ubuntu today and I was so confused as to terminals, but I found the terminal, and followed all of your instructions and my hotmail is working through evolution so I wanted to say great work and thank you!

Beans

Thank you for the tutorial. I get it to work, but my problem is that a wanna left the messages on the server, and when i remove them in evolution the message is not removed within the server. Anyone can help me with this?

Beans

Dude:

I don't know how you learn to do all this stuff with Linux but if it wasn't for the Forums tonight with the howto posts I wouldn't be able to watch movies on my Ubuntu OS and access my Gmail & MS Accounts and I'm still trying to think of some other things that I am going to have to get this OS system to do but so far most of the codes that I have entered are way above my knowledgeable windows mind set - this is the first time I have started to use Linux and the Howto posts are making my life a lot easier then having to figure all this stuff out myself with not knowing a lick a spit about Linux.

Thank you to all the Howto Contributors
    Last edited by gjasuwan; October 2nd, 2008 at 10:29 AM. Reason: typos

Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast