Thread: is there anyway to add album art to songs through rhythmbox?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Unhappy is there anyway to add album art to songs through rhythmbox?

usually when i get songs i like to add art to them on the ipod

on itunes i would just select the song --> get info (or properties for this) and add it to the song

i cant find anything in rhythmbox for this, although it does display the artwork thats already on there

i know about gtxpod but i hate the interface and it's given me tons of problems already

banshee for some reason reads my music as video and my video as music

took me like an hour to put my street fighter music on a friggin ipod before i just gave up on trying to attach the cover art

Beans

Re: is there anyway to add album art to songs through rhythmbox?

Using iTunes or RhythymBox, my favorite method for adding album art to a track (or album) is to drag the album art from the web browser to the album art display in the media player and drop it. You might try that.
    Last edited by trinitydan; January 19th, 2011 at 05:11 AM.
    Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by JuicyCouture View Post
    usually when i get songs i like to add art to them on the ipod

on itunes i would just select the song --> get info (or properties for this) and add it to the song

i cant find anything in rhythmbox for this, although it does display the artwork thats already on there

i know about gtxpod but i hate the interface and it's given me tons of problems already

banshee for some reason reads my music as video and my video as music

took me like an hour to put my street fighter music on a friggin ipod before i just gave up on trying to attach the cover art
    You could try adding artwork manually as a jpg using "easytag" from the repos. Most of my music is tagged with a 900 x 900 jpg from the cover of the album it is offf.

Although if I recall correctly I had to also resize to 300 x 300 to get the Ipod to use the images.

Tagging like I have done shows up in Totem and some other players.

See attachment .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

This does appear to be a very old post, but I thought I would add to it, as I was having the same issues and have found a good way to get around it.

If you place the Album art into the same folder as the songs and then call it "cover", Rhythmbox automatically should pick it up.
    HP Compaq NC6220 Business Notebook, "Ubuntu 11.04", Intel® Pentium® M Processor 740 (1.73 GHz), 40 GB, 2 x 512 MB

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thanks for the information.

Closed.