Greetings, all !
I've installed ZoneMinder and I'm having a few issues I don't understand. I hope someone can shed some light on these things. I installed it to be a "personal watchdog" with 1 USB webcam connected. I *hoped* that I could launch it/use it only when I'm away.
1) ZoneMinder Control Panel loads up in Firefox.
2) I can set a "monitor" in the Control Panel.
3) "Probing the camera" fails.
Now, to get to the real matter...
Since I installed ZoneMinder, my webcam is no longer functional under Skype. From posts I found on the web, I finally managed to get Skype to see the camera successfully with the following command in the launcher:
bash -c 'LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libv4l/v4l1compat.so skype'
That worked well until I installed ZoneMinder.
In the Terminal, I can clearly see apache2 and ZoneMinder running as services.
However, when trying to do a "sudo service stop apache2" or a "sudo service stop zoneminder", I get an error stating "Unrecognized service", but I can clearly see them running as services.
I guess my questions boil down to:
1) Is ZoneMinder meant to be run on a stand-alone box... With nothing else running... and therefore takes full control ?? If so, then it's not what I was looking for.
2) If #1 above is the case, then how can I disable ZoneMinder when the system is telling me "Unrecognized Service" ??
NOTE: Cheese still sees the camera. I don't think I've ever gotten guvcview to see the camera (or at least show me a video stream from the cam). V4L2 Test Bench no longer sees the camera, either (it reports /dev/video0 is "wrapped").
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Last edited by grpace; June 12th, 2012 at 02:55 AM.
Tags for this Thread