Thread: Creating a Wifi hotspot other than adhoc to connect to android.its keep connecting

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Creating a Wifi hotspot other than adhoc to connect to android.its keep connecting

Looking for working solution to share my linux internet over wifi with my android galaxy ace.
    I have linux mint 13. And i m trying to create a wifi hotspot. It creates and connects only to adhoc. but android galaxy ace doesnt detect adhoc connections. and linux doesn't connect to any other type of connection. when we create wireless connection to infrastructure mode it keep connecting nothing happens. any help?
    Last edited by Perfect Storm; June 11th, 2012 at 04:48 PM. Reason: added prefix

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Creating a Wifi hotspot other than adhoc to connect to android.its keep connectin

Moved to Other OS/Distro Talk.
    Icon Set for Gnome/Deepin/eOS/Budgie
    | Spring | Autumn | Winter | Summer |

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Creating a Wifi hotspot other than adhoc to connect to android.its keep connectin

Quote Originally Posted by bhupinderjitbawa View Post
    Looking for working solution to share my linux internet over wifi with my android galaxy ace.
    I have linux mint 13. And i m trying to create a wifi hotspot. It creates and connects only to adhoc. but android galaxy ace doesnt detect adhoc connections. and linux doesn't connect to any other type of connection. when we create wireless connection to infrastructure mode it keep connecting nothing happens. any help?
    I did it on my atrix you should be able to also if you are using at&t. I cant remember how i did it off hand but you connect to something else not adhoc. If your interested i can see how mine is set up.
    We specialize is custom work for all sports teams and any special event. we also do work for business store fronts as well as auto decals www.hometown-graphics.com http://s684.photobucket.com/albums/v...hicago%20LoCo/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Other problem is. When i create a wireless connection it connects only for single time. and when i disconnect it moves to hidden networks menu.
    i have followed the following steps:
    1. from network manager create a new wireless connection
    2. entered ssid and password
    3. selected security as wep 128 bit
    4. it get connected...
    5. but doesnt detected by my android phone. while on windows i set security to WPA2 and it is detected..i have used connectify on windows

Beans