Thread: Installed new 12.04 on internal iSSD, won't suspend

Beans

Installed new 12.04 on internal iSSD, won't suspend

I installed a new 12.04 on my Samsung series 7 laptop, and installed the core OS onto its internal 8GB iSSD drive. I put a small /boot plus /tmp /var /home and swap on the spinning media.

Problem is that the system will not suspend. I think it starts to suspend, but the system backlight remains on, and there is super high power drain. Opening the lid will not bring it back either, I have to hold the power button down to reboot. I am assuming this is because of the iSSD, but I don't know what to look for or how to fix it. Can anyone give me some help?

THanks,
    -J

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: Installed new 12.04 on internal iSSD, won't suspend

Do you have the open-source driver or the proprietary one? Also what do you mean "super high power drain"?

-Red
    Everything in the future is a wave, everything in the past is a particle. -Lawrence Bragg

Parabola: https://parabolagnulinux.org/
    Completely freed... Libre GNU/Linux !!!

Beans

Re: Installed new 12.04 on internal iSSD, won't suspend

It's vanilla 12.04 installed from cd with all the updates, I didn't do anything special to get it to run on the iSSD. I simply pointed / to the iSSD drive during install.

Super high power drain... laptop gets screaming hot and will drain an entire battery in about 30 minutes if I tell the laptop to suspend.

One other thing I thought of after a bit of research... I am running 12.6 beta fglrx drivers from AMD.

I'm really not sure ehat to look for as far as logs go to troubleshoot this. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

-J