Thread: Sound Menu/Sound Settings Not Working Properly

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Sound Menu/Sound Settings Not Working Properly

I am running Ubuntu 12.04 and having an odd problem with the Sound Menu/Sound Settings. Ubuntu is able to see my audio card (built in HDA Intel) and I am able to hear audio fine. The Sound Menu icon on the top panel is greyed out, though, and when I select it I am able to access media players, but not the volume controls our Sound Settings (they are greyed out). If I access the Sound Settings by going through the System Settings tool I am not able to make any changes to the volume, select input or output devices, etc.
    Last edited by Precipitous; June 10th, 2012 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Spelling error in title needed to be corrected

Beans

Lightbulb Re: Sound Menu/Sound Settings Not Working Properly

I'm having the same problem, alsamixer is working fine so I have a sort of an alternate way to control volume. It is annoying though not being able to control sound settings through the GUI. Another hint is that I am able to access sound settings window with a different user in the system, that's why I think it is an access rights thing.

Beans

Re: Sound Menu/Sound Settings Not Working Properly

I too have the same problem. Weird thing is that when logged in as guest the menu is fine.

Any suggestions? Thanks.