Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: PVR-500 ivtv failures since 0.25 upgrade (in April)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: PVR-500 ivtv failures since 0.25 upgrade (in April)

Quote Originally Posted by nickrout View Post

The normal ubuntu packages do not get updated after release - ie straight ubuntu 12.04 will always have the mythtv that was current when 12.04 was released. If you want regular -fixes updates you need to use the mythbuntu repos.
    This contradicts http://www.mythbuntu.org/repos

Starting in the 12.04 release, this functionality is included in the Mythbuntu Control Centre (mythbuntu-control-centre). No extra package is necessary, but you do still need to enable it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by 4partee View Post
    No it doesn't. Mythbuntu Control Centre activates mythbuntu repos. Have you got the updates installed yet?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I don't know why update manager isn't working for you. I never use it. However I suggest you simply do it on the command line like I suggested. It is not a workaround, it is a different (and in my experience more reliable) interface to the same underlying apt/deb infrastructure.

I also suggest you check that everything looks right in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mythbuntu-repos.list. Here is mine:

Code:
    nick@media:~$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mythbuntu-repos.list
    deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/0.25/ubuntu lucid main
    deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/testing/ubuntu lucid main
    You may say you mean no offence, but you are really becoming quite offensive. If you have a problem with update manager I suggest you open another thread, as it is irrelevant to this thread.
    Here is my output:
    Code:
     cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mythbuntu-repos.list
    cat: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mythbuntu-repos.list: No such file or directory
    Sorry you took offense. And yes, I do have a rather matter of fact manner when writing.

I know you have your heart in the right place and gave me a solution for my immediate problem. I thank you for that.

I don't see where I said I have a problem with Update Manager. I have never had a problem with it.

This is the question I would like to have had answered for the good of all.

I did search launchpad and could not find anything open on this pvr-?50 issue. The question now is "How would anyone see the fix status through MythBuntu channels?".

Beans

Here is my output:
    Code:
     cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mythbuntu-repos.list
    cat: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mythbuntu-repos.list: No such file or directory
    well then you don't have the mythbuntu repos activated, so no wonder you are not getting fixes. Fix that and you should get your fixes.

Sorry you took offense. And yes, I do have a rather matter of fact manner when writing.

I know you have your heart in the right place and gave me a solution for my immediate problem. I thank you for that.

I don't see where I said I have a problem with Update Manager. I have never had a problem with it.
    you said it wasn't working, but in fact it appears to be that you don't have the repo activated, so maybe there is nothing wrong with update manager after all

This is the question I would like to have had answered for the good of all."I did search launchpad and could not find anything open on this pvr-?50 issue. The question now is "How would anyone see the fix status through MythBuntu channels?"."
    You wouldn't, because it is not a [myth][u]buntu problem. Launchpad is not designed to duplicate upstream bug trackers.

Rest assured that if (when) you have mythbuntu-repos activated you will get all fixes that are applied to your mythtv branch (0.25-fixes in this case) within a day or so of them being applied in mythtv's git repo. If you want to see what is being applied, look in the myth git repo, not launchpad.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

No it doesn't. Mythbuntu Control Centre activates mythbuntu repos. Have you got the updates installed yet?
    Yep, you're right. I did not check the activate box.

I'll do that now and post results.

How about this instead:
    Code:
    cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mythbuntu-0_25-precise.list 
    deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/0.25/ubuntu precise main
    deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/0.25/ubuntu precise main

ls -lR /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
    /etc/apt/sources.list.d/:
    total 4
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 132 Dec  5 19:55 mythbuntu-0_25-precise.list
    It is by name different from yours. The file date is when I did the MCC apply.

Yep, Update Manager check lists MythTV updates.

Thanks again;
    John

Beans

Right well apply the changes and see if it fixes the problem that this thread is actually about. I suggest you start another thread if you continue ti have update problems, and restrict further postings here to the problem in hand.

Cheers.

Beans

Noone here should need to verify or track fixes. The ticket system said it was patched and it was not.

Your responsibility is to add your comments the the ticket.

I look forward to seeing your comments there.

The developers need your help and may ask you for more info. That is how things get fixed.

John
    First off let me say congrats on figuring out your missing ppa problem. I hope things work better for you.

Secondly, I am a developer *(albeit not a mythtv dev), and this is open source. The whole beauty of open source is that I can see the code if I wanted. Sure commenting in a ticket helps devs narrow down the problem, but handing them a fix would be even more helpful. So please don't discourage people from looking at sources.

So next time grab the source, and see if you can give a little help back to the community. Very few devs actually get paid to do this kind of stuff, and ever little bit helps.

Beans

There are no "nightlies". mythbuntu repos compiles when fixes are applied. The patch is applied to master, o.26-fixes and 0.25-fixes in git on 29 November by stuartm. If you don't believe me for heaven's sake read the git commit pages!
    Reading the git commits is what I meant by
    verify that the fix is being included
    In all honesty, I was actually second guessing the fact that I had actually grabbed a new enough version that included the fix and was not second guessing you at all.

Also from http://www.mythbuntu.org/repos
    The MythTV-Updates repository will contain updated MythTV software. It is automatically built each day when there are upstream fixes available.
    Hmm that certainly sounds like a nightly build to me. Do you know more specifics on how the mythbuntu repos are getting built so that they auto built with every git commit?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

i have been holding back upgrading my 10.04.4 lucid lynx install which runs Mythbuntu 0.23.1+fixes because of this error. So now is 12.04.1 running the latest Mythbuntu repo's all fixed? Should I activate .25 repos or the .26 repos? I have 2 PVR-X cards, 1 PVR-350 and 1 PVR-500. THanks for any info

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy79 View Post
    i have been holding back upgrading my 10.04.4 lucid lynx install which runs Mythbuntu 0.23.1+fixes because of this error. So now is 12.04.1 running the latest Mythbuntu repo's all fixed? Should I activate .25 repos or the .26 repos? I have 2 PVR-X cards, 1 PVR-350 and 1 PVR-500. THanks for any info
    .26 is not working for me, but I can confirm that the problem I have is no longer the problem originally described in this thread. Now my logs are being flooded with "first frame is no keyframe"
    Last edited by nPoc; December 6th, 2012 at 04:53 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast