Thread: Setting up wireless drivers in Ubuntu 9.10?

Beans

Question Setting up wireless drivers in Ubuntu 9.10?

Hi everyone, I've just installed ubuntu to a notebook, deleting the windows xp that was installed before, so now nothing works I couldn't solve the problem of getting the blank screen with the versions 12.. and 10.. so now there is 9.10 installed, which works fine. Well, it boots up at least. I can't get working the drivers though.
    I'm totally new to linux, and I've read in some forums that in this version you have to install all of them yourself, because the system won't detect them automatically. Therefore I tried to find the drive for my wireless card, but actually I have no clue how to get it work. Could someone please help me out? So here are the specs:
    System installed as mentioned: Ubuntu 9.10
    Computer: Acer Aspire 3100
    Wireless according to laptop specs: 10/100 Fast Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready, Acer InviLink™ 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED
    I would really appreciate some detailed description to setting up my internet Thanks!!

Beans

Re: Setting up wireless drivers in Ubuntu 9.10?

problem was solved.. for folks sake, if your computer is so dead that it won't recognize your wireless card, try connecting to the internet with an ethernet cable.. it should find the card afterwards ^^