Thread: audio cutting out

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

audio cutting out

So I did a recent Lubuntu install, but quickly ran into an issue with the audio when playing video (Haven't tried this with a straight audio file). The issue is that the audio will randomly cut out for a brief moment with a little of a click. The thing is I have been running Ubuntu and Linux Mint on this computer with no issue, and all of the audio issues I come across are not related to this, so I have no idea what may be causing it. Any one have any idea how to solve this issue?
    -Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit
    river

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: audio cutting out

I had a similar problem , but the updates seem to have fixed it.

sudo apt-get update

Rodney

Beans
    Distro

Just checked and my system is completely up to date and the issue is still there, though it seems to clear up a little in vlc especially if the file has been running for a few minutes.
    -Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit
    river

Beans
    Distro

So I switched to ubuntu after my audio just stopped working, and since then the audio has held out but I still have this issue. It seems to be a little more hap-hazard in ubuntu, but like i figured out in lubuntu before the audio just stopped working, if i lower the master volume a little it tends to do it less. I would still like to have my master volume all the way up and let my speakers/apps handle the volume level, and even this doesn't work reliably for rhythmbox where i still get the issue.

And everything is up to date, and the system has been restarted numerous times.
    Last edited by river226; June 18th, 2012 at 05:14 PM. Reason: add an extra detail
    -Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit
    river