Yes, http://people.ubuntu.com/~jbicha/gnomebuntu/MD5SUMS

e81aecc7925e5f53f37edb0ce1bc0e50 quantal-ubuntu-gnome-amd64-20120902.iso

77e33e789701ef695bafb6f38c51649e quantal-ubuntu-gnome-i386-20120902.iso

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: GNObuntu ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that we are now using Nautilus 3.4 and not will be using Totem 3.6, but I guess it comes down to If you want to be true to Ubuntu or you want to be true to Gnome.

Although "Ubuntu Gnome Remix" will give a cleaner Gnome experience it will not be a clean Gnome 3.6 and I thought the whole idea of GNObuntu was to follow the Gnome releases upstream ?
    Why should GNObuntu have to stick to the Ubuntu Gnome package versions ? As a separate spin, I think, it should use it's own packages on top of the Ubuntu base

Personally I would rather have an unofficial GNObuntu that follows the Gnome releases than have an official release thats gonna be a mix of Gnome 3.4 and 3.6
    I do agree with you, but as Jibicha mentioned, they would like to obtain the 'official' status for this distro as a canonical approved Ubuntu spinoff...

nothing stops us from branching it into a true gnome ubuntu...

i know i can get mine running off a server core image within 30 minutes - pure gnome.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Well, at least I got 2.6 MB/s. That's great!

Anyway, I will also provide the SHA256 checksum of 64-bit if you do want it.

2bd3e1ca34d173031f84f0f683702834716d67042ff0e2c17a 25b8289013eb3a (64-bit)
    20c7237a7aa3e070bd4db6fc2d00752b9db37adb078e4f685b b96033897bbd94 (32-bit)

EDIT: Found three bugs. One causes me impossible to even USE it. Anyway let's try it out
    Last edited by smartboyhw; September 3rd, 2012 at 08:05 AM.
    As the Ubuntu Studio release manager and a Kubuntu developer, I do a lot of ISO testing and packaging.
    Make Ubuntu 13.10 awesome~!

Beans

Well nogo for me get white & Black screen just like ubuntu 12.10. when I use nomodeset it will load (HP Touchsmart 600 with nvida 230 drivers) but then installed will not finish get to format partitions then hangs up.

floydsp
    Last edited by floydsp; September 3rd, 2012 at 08:26 AM. Reason: spelling

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

man i gave it a shot but no thanks
    i like better the way i did it
    good try thou,thank you for your efforts
    too bad Remastersys doesn't work in 12.10 yet
    i'll stick around thou

Quote Originally Posted by floydsp View Post
    Well nogo for me get white & Black screen just like ubuntu 12.10. when I use nomodeset it will load (HP Touchsmart 600 with nvida 230 drivers) but then installed will not finish get to format partitions then hangs up.

floydsp
    If you are getting the corrupted or b&w screen that plagues some nvisdia chipsets instead of using nomodeset you could try just going to the options screen but don't set any
    (shift > enter, then pick either try me or install (if the garbage screen doesn't reappear

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher2 View Post
    I do agree with you, but as Jibicha mentioned, they would like to obtain the 'official' status for this distro as a canonical approved Ubuntu spinoff...

nothing stops us from branching it into a true gnome ubuntu...

i know i can get mine running off a server core image within 30 minutes - pure gnome.
    Yeah I guess i'm not very good at hiding my disappointment.
    But with gnome-shell 3.5.4, Nautilus 3.4.2, Totem and Gstreamer stuck at older version too, I really can't see the mission of "Ubuntu Gnome Remix" other than being exactly that! A mix of various Gnome components locked in version and technology because of the needs from (almighty) Unity.
    ( It'll certainly prove that Unity is better if that's the hidden agenda. )

Why can Kubuntu, Lubuntu and Xubuntu have their own upstream versions of their desktop environments and GNObuntu cannot ??
    It's not fair to Gnome !
    You won't be able to compare Gnome/Gnome-shell to Fedora, Mageia or Suse.

I'm marking this thread as solved, as I don't think the developers will allow a clean 3.6 version of GNObuntu.

I wish you all good luck with the "Ubuntu Gnome Remix" but it's not the clean upstream version of Gnome I was expecting it to be.
    I'll try a different approach.
    Cheers !
    Last edited by Stinger; September 3rd, 2012 at 01:19 PM. Reason: spelling error

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
    Yeah I guess i'm not very good at hiding my disappointment.
    But with gnome-shell 3.5.4, Nautilus 3.4.2, Totem and Gstreamer stuck at older version too, I really can't see the mission of "Ubuntu Gnome Remix" other than being exactly that! A mix of various Gnome components locked in version an technology because of the needs from (almighty) Unity.
    ( It'll certainly prove that Unity is better if that's the hidden agenda. )

Why can Kubuntu, Lubuntu and Xubuntu have their own upstream versions of their desktop environments and GNObuntu cannot ??
    It's not fair to Gnome !
    You won't be able to compare Gnome/Gnome-shell to Fedora, Mageia or Suse.

I'm marking this thread as solved, as I don't think the developers will allow a clean 3.6 version of GNObuntu.

I wish you all good luck with the "Ubuntu Gnome Remix" but it's not the clean upstream version of Gnome I was expecting it to be.
    I'll try a different approach.
    Cheers !
    i so agree with you on this
    this got to sux,leaving gnome behind like that
    epiphany,iceweasel,abiword,what the hell is that? FF and TB or nothing
    that's why i said i like it the way i did it
    simply install latest ubuntu daily build and wipe out unity for good after you install Gnome Orphan and it looks as good as Gold.....

Beans

lets us know Stinger if you come up with something..best of luck

floydsp

Beans
    Distro

Stinger: You mean you don't like the current version of GNOMEbuntu that jbicha is developing? Also can anyone tell me who is the developer of the ORIGINAL Ubuntu Gnome-shell Remix???
    As the Ubuntu Studio release manager and a Kubuntu developer, I do a lot of ISO testing and packaging.
    Make Ubuntu 13.10 awesome~!

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast