Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: WARNING attack site is being listed on forums

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Beans
    89
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

    WARNING attack site is being listed on forums

    Hey we had a guy on here - Carvj...? and he gave a link to a site 10mins ago. Now my software said that the site was blocked because of serious problems...DO NOT HIT ACCEPT on this site GET OUT.

    "This web page at www.gnulinux.in has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences. Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners."

    I come back to here and by then the "Reply person" has been taken off this thread and so was my reply?? I take it that someone has reported an abuse problem? Thanks

    The Person looked like "legitiamate" member here.

    Also when I logged in there was a "message that flashed up on my browser with this site the only one open, telling me there was a message for me? Then going to my mssg's there is none? Has this site been compromised or my PC??
    Just a reminder please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate.Registered Linux User No.534852

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Beans
    3

    Re: WARNING attack site is being listed on forums

    Thanks for the heads up... I'll keep a look-out . Some good things to keep in mind are using Google Chrome and script blocking. Chrome browser has some of the best script debugging modules !!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Beans
    8,874
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: WARNING attack site is being listed on forums

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNZ View Post
    Hey we had a guy on here - Carvj...? and he gave a link to a site 10mins ago. Now my software said that the site was blocked because of serious problems...DO NOT HIT ACCEPT on this site GET OUT.

    "This web page at www.gnulinux.in has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences. Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners."

    I come back to here and by then the "Reply person" has been taken off this thread and so was my reply?? I take it that someone has reported an abuse problem? Thanks

    The Person looked like "legitiamate" member here.

    Also when I logged in there was a "message that flashed up on my browser with this site the only one open, telling me there was a message for me? Then going to my mssg's there is none? Has this site been compromised or my PC??
    I doubt you have been compromised, you did not go into the site right, and you're running Linux right?

    Sites get compromised and they are also fixed before the block is released as well.





  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Beans
    89
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

    Re: WARNING attack site is being listed on forums

    Quote Originally Posted by wilee-nilee View Post
    I doubt you have been compromised, you did not go into the site right, and you're running Linux right?

    Sites get compromised and they are also fixed before the block is released as well.
    Yeh Running 11.10 linux, clicked the link and it showed up - so got out quick. Then I went to the thread I started re a password issue.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1998658

    My Last reply was not there! So I filtered for my last threads etc and it was on a link message that I included on My thread that I'm also sub'd too.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1772894

    So I added that my last reply was some how "crossed threaded"? <snip>
    Somehow this thread is being inserted at the "Start date" of each threads.

    Whats going on??
    Last edited by Elfy; June 8th, 2012 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Added Info
    Just a reminder please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate.Registered Linux User No.534852

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Beans
    8,874
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: WARNING attack site is being listed on forums

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNZ View Post
    Yeh Running 11.10 linux, clicked the link and it showed up - so got out quick. Then I went to the thread I started re a password issue.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1998658

    My Last reply was not there! So I filtered for my last threads etc and it was on a link message that I included on My thread that I'm also sub'd too.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1772894

    So I added that my last reply was some how "crossed threaded"? And beware of this guy and the link he used by http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=36027

    Whats going on??
    I think you are being paranoid and blowing this way out of proportion, contact the mods if you need to on this issue.

    People post links that they may have saved in their bookmarks, and were okay when saved.
    Last edited by wilee-nilee; June 8th, 2012 at 07:59 AM.





  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The New Forest
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

    Re: WARNING attack site is being listed on forums

    Have you thought that perhaps the link is 'now' listed - but wasn't then.

    Please do not post links to users profiles telling others to beware of them.

    If the link is now listed - you are not helping by posting it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Beans
    89
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

    Re: WARNING attack site is being listed on forums

    Sorry - your right too - Thanks.
    Just a reminder please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate.Registered Linux User No.534852

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The New Forest
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

    Re: WARNING attack site is being listed on forums

    welcome

    closing this now.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •