Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Website where I enter my computer specs and I'm told what games will work

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Website where I enter my computer specs and I'm told what games will work

Dear fellow Windows gamers,
    Is there a site where I can enter my computer's specs and then I can see only those games that will work on my system?

Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Website where I enter my computer specs and I'm told what games will work

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

I believe it uses Java to scan your hardware.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

CharlesA,
    Thanks for your reply. I didn't want to know whether a particular game would run on my system. I wanted to know _all_ games that could run on my system.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

I don't know of any other way outside of checking the system requirements of the game you want to play.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by hanzj View Post
    CharlesA,
    Thanks for your reply. I didn't want to know whether a particular game would run on my system. I wanted to know _all_ games that could run on my system.
    If you have an nVidia card they have a neat GPU tool that allows you to see what games will work, otherwise I would use the Windows Experience guide they have.

Here ya go!

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...perience-index
    System Specs: Processor:Intel® Core™ i7-2640M CPU @ 2.80GHz × 4 Graphics:nVidia Quadro 2000m RAM: 8 GB

Ubuntu User: 34379

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

cbennett926,
    my basic computer has no specialized graphics card. All I have is the Intel processor.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by hanzj View Post
    cbennett926,
    my basic computer has no specialized graphics card. All I have is the Intel processor.
    What processor? How much RAM? Also, what type of graphics card? Intel 3000?
    System Specs: Processor:Intel® Core™ i7-2640M CPU @ 2.80GHz × 4 Graphics:nVidia Quadro 2000m RAM: 8 GB

Ubuntu User: 34379

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

cbennett,
    my computer has:
    Intel Pentium P6200 (2.13GHz)
    4GB DDR3 Memory,

GRAPHICS ENGINE*
    Mobile Intel® HD Graphics
    GRAPHICS MEMORY*
    64MB-1696MB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory

inxi -Gx
    Graphics: Card: Intel Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller bus-ID: 00:02.0
    X.Org: 1.11.3 drivers: intel (unloaded: vesa,fbdev) Resolution: 1366x768@60.0hz
    GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel Ironlake Mobile GLX Version: 2.1 Mesa 8.0.2 Direct Rendering: Yes

Beans

Looking at those specs, I wouldn't expect much - see this set of benchmarks for your graphics engine:
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-G...D.23065.0.html

As for the database, I don't know of any since it's more often that people look at a game they want and see if their computer can run it, not the other way around. With Intel graphics though, I'd limit myself to looking at 4-year old games or "Indie" games that don't go nuts with 3D graphics.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by cbennett926 View Post
    If you have an nVidia card they have a neat GPU tool that allows you to see what games will work, otherwise I would use the Windows Experience guide they have.

Here ya go!

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...perience-index
    The WEI will be increased to 9.9 in Windows 8 by the way. Almost all Windows 7 WEI for current hardware will stay the same in Windows 8 (unless you have a 7.9 that turns out to be like, 8.2.)
    AMD PII X6 @ 3.63 GHz - 16 GB DDR3 (1600 No OC) - ASUS Crosshair V Formula
    SB X-Fi 2 Sound (8ch) - Intel 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet - Win 8 Pro. x64
    AMD R HD 7950 (SAPPHIRE) - WD CG 500GB - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast