Thread: Impossible to have { } and third level @,# on lubuntu with macbookpro..why?

Beans

Impossible to have { } and third level @,# on lubuntu with macbookpro..why?

Hi,
    I have a MacBookPro and I just installed Lubuntu 10.11. Mine is an old mac so it's better to light ubuntu. Is everything ok except the keys of the third level.

I've been losing hours and hours searching on the internet for the solution to this seemingly irresolvable.

I come to the point: I can not get in any way the characters {},@, # .. all of the 3rd level Italian keyboard.

How do I do? I read around, but provides a solution to get the configuration keypad and choose the arrangement of characters, which does not allow Lubuntu. Another is to use the unicode characters but I can not get them. Another is to copy the characters useful and use them when I need it (very unacceptable solution for programming) and emacs still does not allow me to paste.

I wait answers for possible solutions!

angelo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Impossible to have { } and third level @,# on lubuntu with macbookpro..why?

Hello Angelo

I wonder if the following links would be of help to you?

Unfortunately, I do not know the Mac keyboard layout, so you'll need to figure out the equivalent of AltGr.
    Always make regular backups of your data (and test them).
    Visit Full Circle Magazine for beginners and seasoned Linux enthusiasts.