ok so i wanted to install Ubuntu 12.04 on my Acer Aspire 9410 laptop, and i wanted to only have Ubuntu on the hard drive, as my windows install was ridiculously messed up. the laptop isn't even booting into it (the Windows inst.) anymore. so i went and downloaded partedmagic to reformat the HDD, but i don't know what filesystem type to format it to to put Ubuntu on there alone. i did some digging into that on here not much luck, i've had people tell me to do FAT32, but others say it wont work with that, unless Windows will be there as a host OS. i'm seriously confused here for filesystem type, FAT32, or EXT2? and once i do that, will i be able to use the partedmagic's Unetbootin to install Ubuntu on it via Hard Disk mode (i've seen other people use Unetbootin for Hard Drive writes, i know its possible)? Also, LiveCD is a no-go, as when i boot to it, i get a gfxboot error, which is simply this:
"could not setup gfxboot". when this message appears, it stays for about 10 seconds, then it retries the setup (i think) and gives same error message every time it does so.