Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LibreOffice bugs in window with ubuntu 12.04

Beans

LibreOffice bugs in window with ubuntu 12.04

Hi Everyone,

I just upgraded to ubuntu 12.04 and now in Libreoffice, well, all the suits, the tab window with FILE, TOOLS, FORMAT etc. are all just dash lines, like this -, as well as if I right click in a page, my options show dashes only, no words come up. I have the latest Libre version, and I used synaptic to uninstall and reinstall but no luck. Does anyone have any solutions?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: LibreOffice bugs in window with ubuntu 12.04

Go to home hit crtl-h find .configs and delete the libreoffice folder. A new one will be generated. If you have added any extensions they will be gone, as well as any dictionaries, but you can get all those of the libreoffice site. I have had what seems to be a similar problem.

Beans

Hi,

Thanks for the help. I opened Home, hit control H to show hidden folders and deleted the LibreOffice folder. Reopened office and..still the same problem. That and in the Home folder I didn't see a new hidden file generated. Any other suggestions! This is a pain since, of course, libre office is the only word editing program available! Thanks again for the reply!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by David McCoy View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for the help. I opened Home, hit control H to show hidden folders and deleted the LibreOffice folder. Reopened office and..still the same problem. That and in the Home folder I didn't see a new hidden file generated. Any other suggestions! This is a pain since, of course, libre office is the only word editing program available! Thanks again for the reply!
    Was it in the .config folder?

Beans

The following will install a "global menu" (that is, the menu that shows in the top of the screen, like other programs in Ubuntu). It may not fix the problem, but it's worth a shot:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install lo-menubar
    I find it strange that a new .libreoffice directory wasn't generated when you opened LibreOffice again.

As far as other word processors, you can always install Abiword, Calligra, or Zoho. They're all available in the Ubuntu Software Center.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by thatguruguy View Post
    The following will install a "global menu" (that is, the menu that shows in the top of the screen, like other programs in Ubuntu). It may not fix the problem, but it's worth a shot:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install lo-menubar
    I find it strange that a new .libreoffice directory wasn't generated when you opened LibreOffice again.

As far as other word processors, you can always install Abiword, Calligra, or Zoho. They're all available in the Ubuntu Software Center.
    They deleted the wrong folder I believe.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by wilee-nilee View Post
    They deleted the wrong folder I believe.
    That's distinctly possible. If he deleted the entire .libreoffice folder, it should have regenerated.

Beans

Hi,

I have the exact same problem as the original poster.

In an attempt to fix the problem, I closed LibreOffice, deleted ~/.config/libreoffice and re-started LibreOffice. It automatically and silently created a new ~/.config/libreoffice directory but the original problem has not been resolved: I still cannot access the first few menus in Libre Office and, indeed, Libre Office seems rather unstable. Whilst using Libre Office, I received a "Sorry, Ubuntu 12.04 has experienced an internal error" message (I sent an error report).
    Last edited by Jack Kelly; May 13th, 2012 at 11:23 AM.

Beans

I just tried completely removing LibreOffice and reinstalling it. This has not fixed the problem.

Beans

Installing lo-menubar doesn't fix the problem, either (so I've uninstalled it).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast