Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Computer freezes randomly, need help finding a cause, and hopefully a solution

Beans

Re: Computer freezes randomly, need help finding a cause, and hopefully a solution

Same problem with total freeze, no contact to system, not even the reset button works. Have to shutdown with power button and restart.
    Happens randomly, bur so far (new build) only in firefox.
    Could any one confirm this behavior in other applications?

Beans

Re: Computer freezes randomly, need help finding a cause, and hopefully a solution

Been happening for me also, Firefox tabs vanish, desktop topbar icons vanish, firefox become slow to respond, have to poweroff to restart
    trying unity 2d seeing if that helps....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome

I am using Ubuntu 12.10 on a AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor × 4 computer. Ever since I upgraded to 12.10 I experience sudden and unexpected freezes. I have re-installed gnome, unity, compiz, etc. I still have random freezes. The screen gets smeared and neither the keyboard of the mouse works. I have to restart the computer manually. Also I get lots of Ubuntu İnternal error messages but in most cases I cannot report a bug since on account of some demon that is not working anymore. I mostly use GoogleChrome, Radiotray, JDownloader. How can I solve this nagging problem?

Best Regards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12