Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Humble Bundle V is now out

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Humble Bundle V is now out

I am glad the Bastion Devs werent jerking me around the way the devs of Magicka did, A few months ago i emailed both asking if they would ever release their games on linux and if they planned to release them drm free both said they would although the magicka devs were more cagey than the Bastion ones. Glad to see Bastion get a linux release and a drm free one.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by ontaiwolf View Post
    Have you tried it? I can't add them to the USC.

The next issue is that Limbo has no sound. Any solutions to that?

Simplest way to add your humble bundle purchase of those three games to the USC is use chromium/chrome aka any browser except firefox, visit your personal humble bundle page click the ubuntu software center icon and log in and add the games they will then be linked to you ubuntu one/launchpad account to see it in USC without having to purchase them again via the menu select File->Reinstall Previous Purchases and all the software linked to your account will be available for installation.

Limbo has audio for me

Beans

Just bought this last night. I've got two of the games working for sure, but I've been tweaking Bastion and can't get it to work correctly.

Updated OpenTK.dll.config with the line provided here, installed in Home, and running from the terminal with elevated privileges. I get both splash screens, then I get sound and a black screen. Any advice on what to try next? (Most of the google hits have been WINE or PC advice for the game.)

Beans

I purchased the bundle this morning but on the Software Centre Download page
    (attach)
    Many hours later, I am still not seeing Bastion or Psychonauts which apparently should have been available 'shortly'?
    It would be good to download via the Ubuntu Software Center but maybe I should go for direct downloads instead? fwiw I am using Firefox - I see a comment to use chrome, is that important?
    tia
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

to be honest i'm really disappointed.

no sound in limbo

psychonauts keeps crashing

bastion doesn't work at all
    i've installed it to my home directory, tried the libXi tweak, even running it from the terminal. no luck.
    the only thing i get is the following error message:

all the other humble bundles were stable but this one really sucks!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by cor2y View Post
    Simplest way to add your humble bundle purchase of those three games to the USC is use chromium/chrome aka any browser except firefox [...]
    Why shouldn't one use Firefox, exactly? I did, and it worked fine.

Beans

@TheAmanite: Try not registering the game with Ubuntu. For whatever reason, that seems to fix that problem for me.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Quote Originally Posted by cor2y View Post
    Simplest way to add your humble bundle purchase of those three games to the USC is use chromium/chrome aka any browser except firefox
    Care to explain what the hell does Firefox have to do with those problems?

After I bought the bundle I clicked on "Download for Ubuntu" from the Humble Bundle website, logged into USC with my Ubuntu SSO and I tried redeeming the games there. Firefox sent an apt command to USC successfully, and Amnesia was redeemed without any issues. The other two games did not, but, like 4th guy said, that was a temporary problem with the new additions to the USC, not Firefox. After the games were officially added to USC (which I noticed 6 hours ago), I could install them without being charged again. So in my system the games were successfully redeemed using Firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by ontaiwolf View Post
    Have you tried it? I can't add them to the USC.
    My band is really slow and I have an Intel GM965, so I can't test the games right now. But I'm seeing the first three games in USC's front screen under What's New. Do you see them too? If you do, try installing them now.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Quote Originally Posted by candtalan View Post
    Many hours later, I am still not seeing Bastion or Psychonauts which apparently should have been available 'shortly'?
    It would be good to download via the Ubuntu Software Center but maybe I should go for direct downloads instead?
    They are probably still packaging these games and fixing their integration, so it may take some more time. If you want to play them right away you can try the direct downloads, but some people reported having problems with Bastion.

Quote Originally Posted by candtalan View Post
    fwiw I am using Firefox - I see a comment to use chrome, is that important?
    No, it's not.

Beans

Bastion has just been released on the Ubuntu Software Centre.

All that's left is Psychonauts, and given that game is 5GB, I think they're reasonable in waiting a while until they're sure they can support the enormous bandwidth just a release is going to cause.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast