Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Humble Bundle V is now out

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Humble Bundle V is now out

As an aside, while working Bastion runs very slow. Lowering resolution doesn't change much. Is this up to my crappy video card or is it slow for anyone else?

Nvidia G100 for what it's worth

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Quote Originally Posted by 4th guy View Post
    Support is saying that the Ubuntu guys are experiencing some problems. Probably because the games are new additions.
    Ok, I guess we just need to wait some more. Thanks!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by weasel fierce View Post
    As an aside, while working Bastion runs very slow. Lowering resolution doesn't change much. Is this up to my crappy video card or is it slow for anyone else?

Nvidia G100 for what it's worth
    Are you running it fullscreen in Unity? Have you tried checking "unredirect fullscreen windows" under Composite in CompizConfig Settings Manager?

(If you try this, don't forget to disable it before logging out: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...iz/+bug/980663)

Beans
    Distro

Thanks. Running fullscreen but using KDE though.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Oh, ok. I know that in KDE you can check "desktop effects suspended upon running full-screen OpenGL applications" somewhere in Kwin that will have the same effect as Compiz's unredirect fullscreen windows, but I'm not sure if it's enabled by default

Beans
    Distro

yeah, I got that enabled. Out of curiosity, I ran the game in openbox too, which is about as minimalistic as you can get, and still fairly weak performance.

Beans
    Distro

Thanks. Running fullscreen but using KDE though.
    I'm trying to get Bastion to run on Kubuntu 12.04/64-bit, but it always gets stuck on the "WB Games" splash screen...
    Laptop: [AMD Vision A4-3300M | 8GB RAM | ATI Radeon 6480G | Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit]

Studio Box: [AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ | 4GB RAM | Nvidia 210 | M-Audio FastTrackPro | KXStudio 11.04 64-bit | 2.6.31-rt14-custom | KDE 4.6.5]

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by isaacj87 View Post
    I'm trying to get Bastion to run on Kubuntu 12.04/64-bit, but it always gets stuck on the "WB Games" splash screen...
    hm, same setup as me. Can you try running it from console, and see if it spits out any errors?

Beans
    Distro

hm, same setup as me. Can you try running it from console, and see if it spits out any errors?
    Well, originally, I was running into an error with libXi (I managed to get around that), but now if I run it from terminal, I don't get anymore errors...

There is, however, a window that pops up with some information when the game dumps out, but it disappears too quickly for me to read anything on it.
    Laptop: [AMD Vision A4-3300M | 8GB RAM | ATI Radeon 6480G | Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit]

Studio Box: [AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ | 4GB RAM | Nvidia 210 | M-Audio FastTrackPro | KXStudio 11.04 64-bit | 2.6.31-rt14-custom | KDE 4.6.5]

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Carborundum View Post
    Um, is it just me, or is Limbo running in Wine?

I think HIB may be using a non-standard definition of "platform independent".
    It's mention in the HIB FAQs. The games uses 3rd party software for the audio and they couldn't get a linux version of it.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast