Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Humble Bundle V is now out

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Humble Bundle V is now out

A few more games have been added to the bundle! I've installed Braid, which is the first of the new games to have been added to the USC. It certainly works, but it does a few funny things with my screen when it goes fullscreen. I'd like to be able to play it in windowed mode.
    ...and that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Wow, as if the bundle wasn't amazing from before. The new games haven't been added to USC yet it seems though. At least, I can't find them. Only tried Superbrothers so far, love the soundtrack. Want to try out Super Meat Boy, buuut I figured that might as well wait till after the weekend.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by thatguruguy View Post
    Did you install it through the Ubuntu Software Center (from the Download for Ubuntu link), or straight from the Humble Bundle site?
    Ubuntu software center...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Super Meat Boy and Lone Survivor have also been added to the USC now! I'm installing Super Meat Boy right now and hoping it's playable on my laptop.
    Still awaiting Psychonauts, though.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 17.04 Zesty Zapus

Quote Originally Posted by stigb View Post
    A few more games have been added to the bundle! I've installed Braid, which is the first of the new games to have been added to the USC. It certainly works, but it does a few funny things with my screen when it goes fullscreen. I'd like to be able to play it in windowed mode.
    Is the screen off-centre so you have black bars at the right/bottom of screen and you can't see the left/top of the gameplay? If so I have the same thing

Beans

Post Re: Humble Bundle V is now out

You can follow @humblesupport on twitter for the latest build releases. Or @humble for general bundle info/release dates.
    Steam: ubuntugamer( Add me ) | Gaming: Left 4 Dead 2, Metro Last Light, Assassin's Creed 4, Forced

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by jim_deadlock View Post
    Is the screen off-centre so you have black bars at the right/bottom of screen and you can't see the left/top of the gameplay? If so I have the same thing
    No, but the screen changes resolution, and the top panel is on top of the game area. Once, after I exited the game, the Unity sidebar only filled half the height of my screen.

Super Meat Boy works pretty well, but it has crashed on a few occasions upon entering the "WARP ZONE!!!".

Beans

Is Lone Surviver crashing for someone?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jim_deadlock View Post
    You can change Braid screen resolution running with:

braid -width *1280 -height *800 (* put your screen resolution here)

and then works great (by default I think Braid is running 800x600)!

Beans

I freshly installed 12.04 LTS and installed Amnesia from USC and it runs very poorly while it ran fine on 11.10. The framerate is sub-30FPS and there's a noticeable hitching. I then did a fresh install of 11.10 and installed Amnesia and it ran fine.

Is this a common issue? I troubleshot the video driver but nothing changed; I'm using the same video driver in 11.10 that I had installed in 12.04 (295.53). I'm running an i7-950 with a GTX480.

I see that putting these games in the home directory seems to clear up issues; should I have manually installed Amnesia there?

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast