Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compiler/IDE for SDL+C++ with Ubuntu and Windows

Beans

Re: Compiler/IDE for SDL+C++ with Ubuntu and Windows

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP24 View Post
    Please give more info - at least something so that we can reproduce your problem.
    I just install sdl libraries with synaptic, and run code::blocks, and then start SDL Project(template)(with no additional code). when build&compile, it show process terminate with status 255.

oh, i Follow this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge0neKO1B6s

in the video, he succeeded to compile and run the program. But, it doesn't work when i try. I'm doing like the video exactly.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by vedelumino View Post
    I just install sdl libraries with synaptic, and run code::blocks, and then start SDL Project(template)(with no additional code). when build&compile, it show process terminate with status 255.

oh, i Follow this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge0neKO1B6s

in the video, he succeeded to compile and run the program. But, it doesn't work when i try. I'm doing like the video exactly.
    I don't know what is wrong. I didn't watched the full video. I did this:
    - created a new sdl project
    - build project
    - run project

And I do obtain the same results as that guy from the yt video. These being said, I am afraid I cannot do anything - since I cannot reproduce your error and I am not much of a Code::Blocks user. I saw in the comments on that video that there is another person who has exactly your problem. Further more, googling for "Process terminated with status 255" brought this:

But that post is rather old. It might work though - give it a try.

Now, please don't press build&run. Press first build - and if everything goes well then run the executable. The idea is to see were the process is stopped due to the error.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I used to use cygwin to compile the code, as long as the right dll's from cygwin's folders are there it'll work.
    Lucky for you, i've wrote an article about it: http://blog.roelf.org/?p=16 (Man, i should post more on there, but i don't have any ideas!)
    "Everything that has a beginning, has an end." --an unexpectedly wise wallpaper

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by roelforg View Post
    I used to use cygwin to compile the code, as long as the right dll's from cygwin's folders are there it'll work.
    Lucky for you, i've wrote an article about it: http://blog.roelf.org/?p=16 (Man, i should post more on there, but i don't have any ideas!)
    ho, what's cygwin like? where's the cygwin's folders?
    perharps, should i try this? thx.

You're confusing the output of the compilation process with the .deb package format. See for more info here:

http://developer.ubuntu.com/packaging/html/

It happen that I have Code::Blocks too installed and guess what - it offers you the possibility to directly make a SDL project. I never worked with it (don't know why it is installed on my machine) but I guess that in order to use the SDL project option you have to have the (libsdl??) proper libraries and header files installed on your machine. Just use synaptic and pull it up from repositories - don't go on the SDL website and take the last version since it is not 100 % compatible with some current games. I found out on my own, because I didn't bother to spent 5 minutes to read about it, before installing it.

1. Pretty much every IDE will work, assuming you can correctly configure to link your stuff with sdl libraries.
    2. Nope - read the link above and then read the manpages for gcc and ld. Go and read the reference manual for gcc also (http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.7.0/gcc/), especially the part that says options for linking.
    I don't know what is wrong. I didn't watched the full video. I did this:
    - created a new sdl project
    - build project
    - run project

And I do obtain the same results as that guy from the yt video. These being said, I am afraid I cannot do anything - since I cannot reproduce your error and I am not much of a Code::Blocks user. I saw in the comments on that video that there is another person who has exactly your problem. Further more, googling for "Process terminated with status 255" brought this:

But that post is rather old. It might work though - give it a try.

Now, please don't press build&run. Press first build - and if everything goes well then run the executable. The idea is to see were the process is stopped due to the error.

i think i know the problem(in the previous post), when i choose properties->Build target in the type, i change into GUI App. And the result terminate with status 255. Perharps this is the problem.
    ---

wow, i did that. It works!
    but, if i work the project from other drive(NTFS), it has problem :
    This is the result :

Executing: xterm -T tes -e /media/...../bin/Debug/tes (in .......)
    Process terminated with status 0 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
    and, in the console :
    sh: 1: /media/.../.../bin/Debug/project: Permission denied

Process returned 126 (0x7E) execution time : 0.007 s
    Press ENTER to continue,
    |
    any suggestion?
    Last edited by vedelumino; June 4th, 2012 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Great!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I am afraid I don't understand your last post. Please clarify:
    1) what problem did you manage to solve;
    2) what new problem did you encounter;

Thanks

Beans

I am afraid I don't understand your last post. Please clarify:
    1) what problem did you manage to solve;
    2) what new problem did you encounter;

Thanks
    1) Work from NTFS drive in code::blocks(ubuntu),
    2) Access denied.

sorry for that post

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by vedelumino View Post
    1) Work from NTFS drive in code::blocks(ubuntu),
    2) Access denied.

sorry for that post
    So your problem is that you basically have your code on a windows (NTFS) partition and when you access it with Code::Blocks from Ubuntu, it says Access denied?

Beans

So your problem is that you basically have your code on a windows (NTFS) partition and when you access it with Code::Blocks from Ubuntu, it says Access denied?
    Exact

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12