Thread: Applications to share between mac and ubuntu

Beans

Applications to share between mac and ubuntu

Hello. I'm new to ubuntu.

My current setup is 2 computers side by side one running ubuntu, the other running Lion on a mac computer. I was just wondering what are some applications that allow you to share between mac and ubuntu. So things like cross platform application, web application, or something that allows you to share information between applications to improve your workflow.

For me, synergy
    allows you to share a mouse and keybaord between two computers of different or same operating systems.

dropbox
    to share files

google docs
    for document editing
    any other recommendations?

i am also looking for an application to change keyboard key mapping. So window key can be control key etc.

Beans

Lightbulb Re: Applications to share between mac and ubuntu

I don't know much about Macs, but it seems you can use Mac-on-Linux for running your programs from your Mac computer on your Linux. Hope that is what you were looking for!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Thumbs down Re: Applications to share between mac and ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by linux12 View Post
    I don't know much about Macs, but it seems you can use Mac-on-Linux for running your programs from your Mac computer on your Linux. Hope that is what you were looking for!
    same here mac = suck.
    apple is even worse than microsoft ever was.
    but if you are looking for an alternative to dropbox you could try google drive (nice that its still not available for ipad/iphone/idouche apple people)
    Intel Core i5 CPU 750 oc@3.75GHz - Asus P7P55D - Nvidia GTX 260