Thread: Spell check help in LibreOffice Writer

Beans

Spell check help in LibreOffice Writer

Hello,
    I'm currently using Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit and I am reasonably new to Ubuntu. I have LibreOffice 3.5.3.2 installed but am having difficulties using the spell check. I am Australian and hence forth wanting to use the English Australian language but it seems that the program doesn't offer that. I can only get spell check in English US. An attached picture shows the ABC tick logo only for US. Can anybody help?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Spell check help in LibreOffice Writer

Go to System Settings -> Language Support. Is the full set of English language packs installed? Click the tab for Regional Formats to see if it's listed there. You can click Install / Remove Languages to install English (Australia).

Or at the command prompt you can run

sudo apt-get install myspell-en-au

Beans

Re: Spell check help in LibreOffice Writer

Quote Originally Posted by phaed View Post
    Go to System Settings -> Language Support. Is the full set of English language packs installed? Click the tab for Regional Formats to see if it's listed there. You can click Install / Remove Languages to install English (Australia).

Or at the command prompt you can run

sudo apt-get install myspell-en-au
    Thankyou so much, it worked! After searching the internet for 4 hours and finding nothing... Really appreciate it, cheers.